Falling a sleep

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
It's all about the underwear. I've had this problem a few times couldn't figure out why until someone here mentioned the underwear thing on a old thread. Last sunday 4 hour ride and happy as a clam.

Are you wearing a tong? :BLAA: Sorry I had to say it...

kvanek

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I guess I better have the wife fire up the weed wacker and knock down the bush. Problem is my bathroom is gonna smell for days from that 2 stroke engine. haha

Too darn funny with the chicks puting in there 2 cents. I was leary to post this because I was knew there are several ladies on the forum and I didnt want them to get all weird about it. Worked out just the opposite. Must be some fun girls on here.

Sooo I guess I need

1) New undies
2) Make sure I am sitting back far enough
3) Put H20 on my junk and strech it out before every ride. lol

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Believe it or not if you have a lot of hair in that area shaving off most of it will leave a lot more room for your junk. Are you sitting right against the tank? Moving the bars up and back a bit will help and give you more room to move around on the seat. Changing the style of underwear might help. Just a few ideas. Hope you find a solution.

Jerry

And it makes it look bigger too, Jerry!:BLAA:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
It happened to me this morning on the ride in. 35 minute commute. First time ever and I've done this commute (typically 45+ minutes) 100 times. Someone mentioned hydration... I'm going with that. Weekends tend to be more beer than water.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bicycle shorts under gear + Gold Bond body powder (NOT FOOT) + proper hydration = happy nether regions for hundreds of miles.

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
I always wear champion briefs they wick out moister, and good for long rides on hot days. Also been shaving since I was a teen, keeps everyone not having hair down there.:Flash:

adberns

Reaction score
Visit site
Old thread resurrection! At the risk of making a now-funny thread serious, there are blood vessels and nerves in the perineum that are responsible for the ... equipment. Prolonged pressure on these can cause impotence later. Not a neat thing. Usually not long-term, but still not great.

Saddlemen makes a seat specifically for this, actually. They have the "gel channel" to decrease pressure on the perineum. Saddlemen Gel Channel Seats

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
Old thread resurrection! At the risk of making a now-funny thread serious, there are blood vessels and nerves in the perineum that are responsible for the ... equipment. Prolonged pressure on these can cause impotence later. Not a neat thing. Usually not long-term, but still not great.

Saddlemen makes a seat specifically for this, actually. They have the "gel channel" to decrease pressure on the perineum. Saddlemen Gel Channel Seats

Always a plus if you can't get pregnant....:thumbup:

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
You might try upping your fluid intake (h2o) and stretching to increase circulation. Both are a good thing so you have nothing to loose. . .

To me the stock FZ seat is inclined towards the tank, so when going down long step grades I have to grip the tank with my knees to stay put. But if you brake hard it can lead to a rack-N-stack; Not good :thumbdown:

the braking thing is true ... had to brake at lights other day whilst tring to figure if my next left was the right way to go :rolleyes:
Lets just say "The Nut Cracker " was initiated :eek:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So how do we pronounce this: pookamatic -> Poke - A - Matic???

The FZ might be after payback for the verbal (and physical) assault! :BLAA: :spank::spank:

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This happened to me once after about an hour+ ride..it was a bit alarming. :D :D I was definitely sitting too close to the tank. Newby mistake. Still...much less alarming than getting shot there with a paintball. That was a doozie. :eek:

Pranqster

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Along with the other recommendations, try a pair of cycling shorts. they have built in padding and are especially nice for long rides. They're well worth the money.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gather around, children, whilst I impart on you some wisdom gained from years of old.

There is a creature, on 4 legs, that is not a dog, nor cat.
It's nice and soft to touch, but it's not a mouse or bat.
It's skin in akin to leather,
But it's hair is soft as a feather,
Use a Sheeps' skin, or fleece, on the seat of your bike,
Woolen side out, feels just right!

(I know - that was lame, but it's the best I could do!)

Cheers,
Rick

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
How did you wake 'em up?

I read an article somewhere about a guy suing a manufacturer for permanent (?) damage to the gear from pressure on the subject nerves from a seat design. Can't imagine there's a "leg" to stand on.

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on underwear and also trousers. I noticed a difference between wearing tighter trousers and looser jeans. Find something that works for you