Fairly new female FZ6 rider

T

twisted_charmer

Hi Ken!
Thank you for sharing your problem also. You, and everyone else who said it, are correct. It is my seating position causing the problem. I was sitting too far up on the seat, but this is where I naturally felt most comfortable. We went for a couple long rides over the weekend, and had to force myself to remember to sit further back. Wasn't too difficult to do since my hot leg would quickly remind me to scootch back when a lovely Michigan bump in the road would bump me back forwards. I came home with just a quarter sized red spot, as opposed to the grapefruit sized one before.
It does feel a bit awkward to seat that far back, but hopefully it will soon become habit.
I too, never thought I'd sell my Ninja, but it just made no sense to have it just sit there and pay insurance on it. It also helped pay for the FZ. Luckily I sold it to a great guy who would take good care of it.

T

twisted_charmer

Hey Red, there's a pic in my profile of when I sat on the FZ at a bike show. Wouldn't work as an avatar, too big I think....don't have many pics yet.

T

twisted_charmer

I spoke with the parts manager, and he said there wouldn't really be an easy way to get the parts shipped out for a low cost even using my discount. Its not buying the parts, it's the shipping aspect of it.
However, if youre ever in the Detroit area and need something, just let me know, and I'll see what I can do. We do have one 07 red FZ6 left for $6600 OTD plus reg and title [email protected]

klh

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Ken!
Thank you for sharing your problem also. You, and everyone else who said it, are correct. It is my seating position causing the problem. I was sitting too far up on the seat, but this is where I naturally felt most comfortable. We went for a couple long rides over the weekend, and had to force myself to remember to sit further back. Wasn't too difficult to do since my hot leg would quickly remind me to scootch back when a lovely Michigan bump in the road would bump me back forwards. I came home with just a quarter sized red spot, as opposed to the grapefruit sized one before.

Quarter size is about how mine was, so hopefully mine will go away fully on my next ride. I also tried to keep it totally away from the bike but that got tiring pretty fast.

When I first starting riding 3 years ago I was going to get riding jeans but never did, now I think I'll use this as an excuse to finally get and wear these:

Cortech by Tour Master Mod Denim Pants

I'm also thinking I want to lower the handlebars on the bike and see how that impacts seating position. I'm going to do some searches on the forum to learn more about handlebar mods. If anyone can quickly point me to some good threads, much appreciated!

--Ken--

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I purchased my 07 FZ6 about a month ago from the dealer I work for. I'm a powersports salesperson, and they highly suggested I trade in my little 250 Ninja for a Yamaha, to ride what I sell. A FZ6 was my first and only choice for me, and the price I got was incredible. It was a little sad to part with my Ninja, but one quick ride on my sexy FZ was all it took to forget the KAW.
Since I am new to this forum (used to the set up of the Ninja site), I'm having a bit of a problem searching for FAQ's, and how to get an answer to my issue.
The only problem with my FZ is that my right leg gets incredibly hot and burnt, while riding. I'm 5'8", long legs, and my right knee hits a spot that gets really uncomfortably hot. After a 100 mile ride yesterday, my leg was bright red and sore.
Anybody else have this problem, and what to do?? Do they make a shield of some sort?

Thank you, Monica

I had a similar issue, but not as bad (might be because I wear two pairs of pants (normal pants, then mesh over-pants). I think it has to do with the way the cooling system on the fz6 works. Blows most the air out to the right under the gas tank. Thats according to what someone else told me so I dont know if its accurate or not.

BikerG

Reaction score
Visit site
I have never noticed a "hot spot" on the right side....but I do wear leather jeans with knee protectors so probably can't feel it :thumbup: