Fairing vibration

autobahn70

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anybody have a problem with their fairing making a loud vibrating noise? Sounds like the fairing is vibrating up against the gauge cluster (2006). Not a big deal, just annoying and I wanted to see if anybody else attempted to silence it.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my 07 does it a bit... i can grab it while riding and make it stop and i know what piece it is that is doing it, just haven't had a chance to figure it out yet.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
I don't have pics but that same buzzing drove me insane.

Bought a sheet of little single side sticky carpet pads. Little round things with sticky one side and carpet on the other, from 10mm to 20mm.

Took the fairing apart, and every where that it buzzes, you will see white powder as the plastic rubs the other matching plastic. I put the patches on those spots, so the when the fairing is mounted, all contacts points are insulated.

It halved the buzz immediately.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, my '06 does this as well.

I need to pul it all apart and insulate everything that needs it. I'll first check all of the nuts/bolts. Thanks for the tips.

WMU_BRONCO

Reaction score
Visit site
My 2005 FZ1 also has some noise that seems to be coming from the general area of the instrument panel. It starts at about 40 mph and stops above 45 mph. I thought if someone fixed it on the FZ6, the same fix might apply to the FZ1.