Fairing Bolt

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Fairing bolt on the side of the right fairing lost
I notice whole fairing is hold by 4 bolts and I m wondering if anyone know where I can get a set of them so I can replace it
Thank s for the input

W

wrightme43

cycle gear sells a set of bolts, but you can just take the other one to a place like diamond screw and they will probley have one simular.

jetfz'r

Reaction score
Visit site
I got some hex head bolts from Lowes they are M6 1.00 20. They are in bins at Lowes. You also have to get washers. I just replaced all 4 because I could not find any that matched the originals. My bike is blue and the black bolts hardly show up at all.

I checked with my dealer, it costs $4.15 per bolt and a week to get it in.

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank s for the input guys
I thought Cycle Gear should have those insteed going to dealer
I hope I can get whole set insteed of 1ea, just in case for future reference
Thank s again........

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Get your yamaha dealer to order them. They will cost almost nothing.

Steve
Steveindenmark: remember, we're on the USD: that near worthless, piece of sh__ that keeps going lower and lower. Pretty soon, people will start attaching more value to the Mexican peso (Mexico has a dramatically improved standard of living). I remember when people used to worship the USD. Now, it's turning into an international joke. Some say a country's military is indicator of its strength; I say that it's the currency.

O

Officerjive

I bought mine missing one of those fairing screws, and ordered it from the dealer, so it would be an exact match. I'm picky that way; some people might even say obsessive.
I paid too much for one bolt, like $4, but it's still only 4 bucks, I cant even get lunch for that here.
Anyway, as along as the other 3 bolts are snug, the thing wont fall apart or shift around on you until you replace the screw. And put a little blue loc-tite on it when you replace it. Because blue is always better.