Fair Prce, Your Price

Colonel Angus

Reaction score
Visit site
Potential FZ6 Newbee here, doing a lil research on price and reading the posts, very informative.

A friend is selling his 07 with 150 miles, yeah 150 miles to fund a Porsche project and is offering me first shot.

The bike is the dark blue color that i really like and he as added a different fairing and bar ends to reduce vibration.

Not that price is the biggest factor, but it does have me wondering what a fair price would be and what you guys paid for your bikes.

Obviously there isn't a flaw on it anywhere.

My only concern is will this bike keep up with the 800's & 900's on road trips without vibrating my arms off?

CA

Last edited:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Potential FZ6 Newbee here, dong a lil research on price and reading the posts, very informative.

My only concern is will this bike keep up with the 800's & 900's on road trips without vibrating my arms off?

CA

Welcome, you have found a nice place.

Vibration is not a major issue on th FZ6, there is some at various revs but nothing of any consequence IMHO.

What 800s and 900s are you trying to keep up with?

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I would say a fair price would be between 6,100 & 6,500

unless they are constantly cruising at 120+ you will have no issues keeping up

the bike hits 100 effortlessly....and tops out at 150+

vibration is not a big issue...

good luck

Colonel Angus

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the quick responses, the over 40 crowd i run with -present co. including ride the back roads and highways from Dallas to Arkansas to Oklahoma.

Speeds aren't crazy but occasional bursts to beyond 65 will be the norm. cruising around 80 ish. Etc.

Their bikes include 900 RR's, 800 Interceptors, GXSR's Etc. not the Hiya crowd by any means.

I'm looking for something fast err quick and comfortable enjoyable to ride around the neighborhood yet take the sat - sun afternoon 200 mile romp.

CA

rdksek844

Newbie Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Well from what i've read i think i'd prefer the FZ6 over the FZ1. Power to weight and everything considered.

But if i can get this bike for around 6000 i'm gonna jump on it.

d

I am not complaining about my 04 FZ6 at all because I got a really good deal used, but if I were to do it again, I think I would have paid a little more and got the fz1. I like the agility of the fz6 but I cant imagine passing on the fz1 again.

B

Bo67

I understand wanting an FZ1, it's a great bike but for me the FZ6 is good enough. I looked at the Suzuki B-King last month; an awesome bike. I think it's 161HP (Hyabusa powered). I bet it would be a hoot to ride but to be honest I don't need that much umph. The FZ6 is a great balance between handling and power for me but if someone left me an FZ1 in my driveway I wouldn't throw it in the dumpster.
Decisions, decisions.....aren't they great?;)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your questions regarding the FZ6? Like all of the members have said with confidence, it ain't the acceleration, speed, nor the vibrations.......it's your butt! The seat is on the hard side. I think you may have greater range on a tank (over 5 gal) too vs the other bikes. At least I do vs my roomies R6.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Got my FZ6 for $5800, was a tad over $6500 when Tax+Tag+Title was taken into account, plus I had some acessories and misc stuff that added about an additional $1k on.

Frankly, unless your friend has done some customer stuff to it, for that price go to a dealership and get a brand new one with 0 miles and a factory warrenty :p

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say to also go get a new one unless you want to help your buddy out by taking it off his hands, since you are in the US i would assume that the "different fairing" is the lower belly pan which goes for $300 from the factory so that is not that big of an issue, and the bar ends shouldn't really matter? I got my 07' with 0 miles for $5800 also plus tax title ect.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

CA

Your concern should be for not driving like a jack*** and killing yourself.... If you need to go that fast, you'll probably lose your lic or your life. So keeping up with larger displacement bikes would pretty much be a moot point. Drive safe and live to ride another day.

H

HavBlue

Your concern should be for not driving like a jack*** and killing yourself.... If you need to go that fast, you'll probably lose your lic or your life. So keeping up with larger displacement bikes would pretty much be a moot point. Drive safe and live to ride another day.

Well put, well put indeed......

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i know a few people that could *Probably school your friend's on their larger displacement bikes with a little ninja 250. The safe travel speed is usually not limited by the bike but by the rider's experience and skill level.

* = I don't know your friends or their skill level, none of their names are Rossi are they?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say to also go get a new one unless you want to help your buddy out by taking it off his hands, since you are in the US i would assume that the "different fairing" is the lower belly pan which goes for $300 from the factory so that is not that big of an issue, and the bar ends shouldn't really matter? I got my 07' with 0 miles for $5800 also plus tax title ect.

Great deal! However, I thought the state of New Hampshire has no sales tax.