Fading Plastics

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone noticed certain plastics fading? I have an '09 and it stays in the garage when I'm not on it. But I noticed the arms of the mirrors and lower part of front forks seem to be slightly faded. I've only had the bike since May and I bought it brand new off the lot. Maybe it just needs a good cleaning, but wanted to make sure maybe I wasnt doing something wrong. Most of the time before/after a ride I do a quick shine with "honda cleaner." The stuff is amazing and shines up real nice, but I'm wondering if maybe thats whats causing the plastics to fade? Don't get me wrong, its hardly noticeable...I'm just very particular about my baby and want to prevent from getting worse.

:needpics:
Figured I'd beat ya'll to the punch on this. I havent got any pics of it yet but will try to get some when I get home tonight.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
figured I would reiterate it :D

anyways it does have alot to do with what you clean it with....i am not familiar with what you use so I cant shed any light onto that bit.

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
figured I would reiterate it :D

anyways it does have alot to do with what you clean it with....i am not familiar with what you use so I cant shed any light onto that bit.

I knew it was coming! ;]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Spray-Cleaner-Polish/dp/B00383T62O]Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

This is the stuff I use. It's amazing. Just spray and buff! But might also be the cause so maybe I'll quit using it on the affected areas. What do you recommend for just plain washing with the hose?

p/s-i noticed your area, you coming on the ride this weekend with the rest of us??