F/S S2 calipers 4 piston blue pot

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't believe they'll fit your 05, the fork mounts are different, they fit 07 and up (unless you get lower 07 or up lower legs)...

Ah, thank you Scott. I knew they were double piston, as opposed to the single piston brakes in my '05, but didn't know the housing and/or fitting was different.

How different? Could I make an adapter plate, or otherwise make them fit?

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't believe they'll fit your 05, the fork mounts are different, they fit 07 and up (unless you get lower 07 or up lower legs)...

I think these would help!
http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/46592-fs-2008-fz6-forks-axle.html

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum - FinalImpact's Albums

Tags: 2012-10
4S8-23102-00-00 FRONT FORK ASSY (L.H)
4S8-23103-00-00 FRONT FORK ASSY (R.H)
4XV-25181-10-00 AXLE, WHEEL

Just sayin. . . it could help! :spank: :spank: :spank:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They WOULD help!

A couple of considerations, however....

Firstly, they're BLACK!

But, more importantly, shipping would probably cost more than I paid for my bike!

Cheers,
Rick

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, thank you Scott. I knew they were double piston, as opposed to the single piston brakes in my '05, but didn't know the housing and/or fitting was different.

How different? Could I make an adapter plate, or otherwise make them fit?

Cheers,
Rick

Yours has two pistons per side, the 07 and up, FOUR PISTONS per side(pot).

From what I've read others have tried to make adapters but I haven't seen anyone successfull. Yamaha made the upgrade different enough that retro fitment is VERY difficult if not immpossible...

I've never had a 2 piston caliper in my hand to compare next to the 4 piston so I don't know if its just the bolt pattern changed or re-centered the pot, or, but its NOT A BOLT ON for the 06 and earlier bikes...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there any way to buy just the blue lugs or what ever they are called? Thanks,

Their installed in the machining process... And aren't sold separatly.

In the Yamaha Manual, its a big NO NO to remove them (potential leakage?) and are referred to as "Bolts".

I suspect their threaded in (too much hydralic pressure inside under normal usage to just press them in). With care, I'm sure you could unscrew them and swap them with the silver ones or vice versa..

You'd have to make up a jig of some sort, so you wouldn't tear them up coming in and going out...

Last edited: