Experts, help :32 and 22 on c1 and c2 diag

thunderdome74

Reaction score
Visit site
Edit, i put this in the wrong forum, sorry. If a mod of someone could move it for me to mechanical i would appreciate it, tx

Hi guys,

Well I'm new here and from South Africa.

I bought a 2005 FZ6 after having a VTR1000 for a few years. (juice price was killing me) and couldn't be happier.

But you know how it goes, a little mod here a little mod there...

So I've been lurking on these forums for a few weeks and decided to check my Diag feature (key off/on hold for 3 seconds) as i bought it with aftermarket cans on and on DE-acceleartion i sometimes get a few pops n stuff.

They registered at 32 and 22, and from what I've been reading, that seems a tad high.(most people tend to put em up by 10 points with aftermarkets on), as well as a fair bit off from each other.

Bike runs well AFAIK, but i haven't another FZ6 to compare it to. Tank range is around 280km til flashing light.

Any advice from you guys would really go a long way as the guys here haven't a clue.

Why, you ask, well i was hoping to increase the range a bit. I am normally living at the coast but i brought the bike up to JHB (+- 2000 meters altitude) so i have fun times whilst working on a film up here.

Any and all advice is helpful, and i have read the other threads re the C1,C2 adjustments (well those i found anyhow)

Cheers
Thor

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Thor! :welcome:

Do you have an aftermarket power adder? If so, their generally set with richer mixtures, thus lower mileage.

If you can post what little mods here and there you did (or had done, especially to the engine, air filter, plugs, mileage, etc) would be a BIG help.

With that said, I have OPEN Scorpion pipes, stock air filter, did NOT TOUCH the CO adjustment, there is absolutly NO de-cel pop, about 50MPG around town, runs like a top.

From my own experiance and what I've read here, if you just have an aftermarket pipe, you DON'T need to bump the CO #'s up

If you bumped up the CO #'s and have an aftermarket filter would likely help with the de-cel pop... Those #'s do sound very high. *It should be noted that from the factory, each cylinder has different CO #'s.

If you do a search, someone may have posted their stock #'s.

Depending on what mods you've done, it very well may be worth your while to reset them leaner for both better mileage and to eliminate the de-pop...

thunderdome74

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for the prompt reply.

Performance mods, nothing. put some panniers on ,Awaiting cell/gps charging system all in anticipation of a long ride home when finished up her (+- 3000-4000km).

(it's a bit distressing to look on the internet for things to buy for the bike and finding she doesn't need alot, lol. Capable bike, loving it, and also the newest i've yet had)
I have a couple of cb750's sohc's and there is always something to do on them.

FZ6
I have a set of pipes called stealth(local), and they are anything but.
Loud is an understatement, and i am currently looking into getting some BD killers.

Stock headers, stock airbox/filter.

from the threads i have read, the guys are going up +-10 points from what they register initially with aftermarket pipes) putting their ranges i would guess averaging at 15-22.

I don't trust our local mechs too much;), and in things like this i would rather gather the real world opinions of FZ6 riders, you guys.

I spoke to the guy i got it from and he said he hasn't fiddled with anything on the bike, so i am thinking (couldn't get a hold of the original owner) it may have been factory settings, they just seen a bit high.

If i read everything correctly, increasing the values puts more juice in?

If you don't mind me asking, so you know your standard figures with the scorps on?

Tx
Thor

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On the older bikes, there was/is some on off throttle issues. I think richening it up a little was helping but not much.

I don't know what my settings are, for the US version bikes, you have to jump, (hot wire) to get to the CO #'s. The bike ran fine, so I didn't screw with it. I believe everywhere else, its accesable and easily adjustable. (our friggin EPA)

Do a search and see what you find via #'s.

If it goes up to 40(or what ever), you may try bumping them down to 20, right down to the middle across the board and see if it helps.. :thumbup: