experience/ age record?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Copied this from Re: Your Rider Resume 'cause I am immensley lazy...lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Learned to ride road bikes in 93. Did A ridersafe course here in Adelaide and spent 18 months riding a really cruddy cbx250 4 stroke.
Then virago, then a slapped together sticker licker bike.
A mate owed me for some work I did for him knocking almonds so he slung me a number of boxes of bike parts and pigeon droppings along with a bare frame. Went to a bike shop and after searching through the books on the shelf I found it. XS400 Yammy.
I sand blasted everything back to bare metal (everything...lol.). Picked up a huge quantity of stainless bolts and bits. Got the forks hard chromed, bits gold pacifated....yatta yatta yatta.
Frame powdercoated black, Tank and plastic sprayed red and road this beast for 5 years (2 of which I didn't set foot in a car at all). Done lots of night riding, wet riding and commuting. This is my first fuel injected beast and by far the fastest. Also my first sportsbike. So I've got loads to learn but I'm sure I can help some folk out here and there. Should have about 100,000km+ on my clock.
Cheers
Mike

Now add in an eaten FZ6, and a ZR7 loaner, followed by an FZ1, and add in another 3 years, and around 100,000km, and we're up to date.:thumbup:

Oh...and around $18,000 in tyres:eek::D

ClutchUp06

Not a 600...Not intersted
Reaction score
Visit site
I started riding dirt bikes when I was 8... started riding street 1 year ago and I'm 16 years old.. looking forward to get an r6 way later on

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
im 23 turn 24 next month, got my first motorcycle on my 4th birthday yamaha pw50 :rockon: started racing dirt bikes at age 5-18 got my first street bike a brand new 250 ninja on my 13th bday so i have almost 20 years motorcycle experience and 11 years on the street.......so my xp/age is pretty good lol :thumbup:

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode around for 2 yrs when I was late teens then gave it up for cages. Just 'slightly illegally' as I used to cover the L plates to take my girl home late at night. Never bothered with my test.
Came back 4yrs ago via a scooter or two to get my 'wheels' on, passed my DA so I can take the Pillion out. Lovin' every second of rebirth!
Not bad for a 56 (almost 57) yr old

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Started riding at 24 years old back in 2005 on an indian bajaj pulsar 180cc, that year just rode 4 months, a little more than 8000kms, but had to stop due to a broken wrist, bike and car, completely my fault :spank:

restarted at 25 years old in 2006, rode an upgraded indian bajaj pulsar 180cc for three years and 65000kms

then moved to the naked FZ6 S2 in december 2008, since then 46000 kms.

Since september last year I am not using my FZ6 for conmuting, instead I am using a chinese brand AKT locally assembled 125cc, 6000kms covered so far

All bikes bought brand new.

Now I am 29 years young (september will be 30) :D with aprox 125000kms on the saddle.

That is 5 years 7 months and almost 78000 miles experience on the street.

Loving riding more and more every day, a total shame I must work :BLAA::D

g8rdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I just joined this site, first post. I am 36, 37 next Saturday. First bike was an 04 1100 Vstar which I put 35k miles on. Traded it in for a 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner that has close to 36k and I'm still riding it. Started out with the MSF course and fell in love with riding. Most of my miles are around the city, but I've made a few trips to the Keys and to Gainesville along with a few 3-400 mile days.

I have been lurking on this site for a few weeks now and love what everyone is saying about the FZ6. I am looking for something more sporty and fun than my cruisers and the FZ6 sounds great. Been trying to sell/trade my liner for a few months now without much luck.

Doug

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got my Yamaha 175 when I was 11 and rode it all over east texas down the back roads and the ditches of the main roads and have allways had a bike since then so i reckon I've got about 25 years working on 26 I will be 37years old in April ........ :rockon: :D

KBrink

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got 12 years of consistent street riding and I'm 33. And I've yet to ride outside of Michigan!!! This year will be the year!! Ha ha.:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got 12 years of consistent street riding and I'm 33. And I've yet to ride outside of Michigan!!! This year will be the year!! Ha ha.:thumbup:

C'mon now! Expaaaand! Your horizons!!! We are patiently waiting....:D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am 40 or 487 months old
or 2121 weeks old
or 14849 days old
or 356400 hours old
or 21384000 minutes old
or 1283040025 seconds old

And, my next birthday is in:
126 days 8 hrs 60 mins 35 secs from this post.

25 years of riding and still loving it

Nelly:thumbup:

All those numbers broken down & you still have the worst fuel figures i've ever seen :BLAA:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im 34 , started riding on dirt around 12 then hit the road when I was 16 , watched my best mate die in a bike accident when I was 20 :( & turned my back on bikes for 9 years , wife bought a Honda @125 scooter in January 2006 I rode it around the block once & bought an FZ6 3 days later :D Been on the bike just about every day since , rain , hail or shine :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just by curiosity, any of you still riding without a proper M endorsement?

This is not a post to bash anyone, just would like to see how they have been able to get away with it for the time indicated that they been riding.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just by curiosity, any of you still riding without a proper M endorsement?

This is not a post to bash anyone, just would like to see how they have been able to get away with it for the time indicated that they been riding.

I got my first car when I was 14 and i got a drivers license a month before I was 19 got stopped once when I was 17 and the Cop never even asked for my license just wanted to get a better look at my truck :BLAA: got my M endorsement at 27 and have never been stopped on a bike,have had police stop and give me a ride home a couple of times when my Honda cb750 lost to many parts to run anymore,and never was asked for a license then either.. :BLAA: (I grew up in the country) :rockon: :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Motorcycling: 46/28

Skiing: 46/40

Cycling: 46/42

Last edited:

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
First bike in 1984 - Suzuki GS550 - rode 15k in the South Tampa, FL area. Then Jim got married with kids and didn't have a a bike until 2010 when I finally cracked. I've done over 7k since last April making up for lost time in the north Tampa area. A few rides to Daytona from Tampa too. I may ride to Deals Gap in late May. I was thinking of trailering the bike up but I think I'll ride it. That will cut down on the arguments with my wife and kids. :D

oogie

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my first scooter when I was about 12,be 57 this year and have lost track of the many different bikes I've ridden in the past forty-something years. I've owned about a dozen or so in that time,and I believe the fizzy is the most enjoyable to date.