Exhaust smell!

FZ6_Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello

I purchased a FZ6 2004 about two months ago and I am loving this bike. The only problem is my Jacket has a very strong smell of exhaust after every ride and it has gotten even worst since start to get colder. Is this normal with the exhaust been mounted under the seat? I can't see any obvious leaks from the exhaust. The deal has no idea. Does anyone one else have this problem?

I get the same smell, the old station wagon effect? I keep a big bottle of Febreeze and load up the jacket after the ride and let it hang in the garage.

Seems to be common on the FZ6. I think it occurs at a slower speed where a vacuum is created behind your back. As you accelerate the shape and strength of the vacuum changes. It's probably more prevalent before the bike is fully warmed up and you're running a little rich.

I get the exhaust smell on my clothes after every ride on my 919. It's a huge thing with the 919, smells like an old car or something. There are even a lot of threads on Wristtwisters.com about the 919 exhaust stink on clothes.

Seems to be common on the FZ6. I think it occurs at a slower speed where a vacuum is created behind your back. As you accelerate the shape and strength of the vacuum changes. It's probably more prevalent before the bike is fully warmed up and you're running a little rich.

+1

I also think the bike might be running a tad too rich.

Grtz,

Degake

I get the exhaust smell on my clothes after every ride on my 919. It's a huge thing with the 919, smells like an old car or something. There are even a lot of threads on Wristtwisters.com about the 919 exhaust stink on clothes.

Same thing with my F3. I like the smell lol. But I dont ride my CBR anywhere I need to smell good (work, girls, etc...).

Back