Excellent Twisties

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
I went on a ride to nowhere yesterday and found this place by accident. I was just grabbing a bit to eat and about to turn around and head back home when I asked a local about what is up the rode, it seemed like an endless stream of bikes heading that way. He said it is the highlight of riding up here. Well it was good.

Just above Port Jervis,NY, there is a scenic byway that runs along the Delaware River. The is a drop off of several hundred feet and the road twists along the edge of the mountain. (Not quite the Pacific Coast Highway). There must of been about a hundred bikes of al kinds from full custom choppers to Hyabusa's. (I think I had the only FZ6 there, I did get some looks as I was going through).

If your in the area, this is definaitly a don't miss. The picture is from my cell phone so it sucks, but you get he point.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW! Looks great. I have no idea that NJ had roads like that.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely gorgeous! How many miles did you get to travel with that view?

Not to long, only bout a mile, the twisties were the best part, i must of went back and forth about 10 times. Everybody just does their runs through it and they pull off to the side, line up along the wal at this little lookouts and then watch everyone go by. It really was quite the show.:thumbup:

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW! Looks great. I have no idea that NJ had roads like that.

There acually is a lot of good roads up her in North Jersey, this was just over the border in NY state. It was about a 1 1/2 trip to get there and the same back.

I guess you dont see to many mountains down there.