Excellant thead started on 3/12/2010 f/exausts

westmask

Reaction score
Visit site
As in which one is best.Lots of data & some great audio vid,s.I just couldn't glean the basic answer.What brand of Slip-on's [ if any ] will provide even a modest gain without installing a Power Commander or re-mapping in any form.I realize you can't create miraculous gains with only changing one given component.I'd just like to know the best choice [ for better sound & even a small H.P. or more important ,Torque gain ] without additional mod's. Any help,Please ? Thanks.

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LeoVince include a cat eliminator mid-pipe so have the best chance of improving your power, ceteris paribus. There's a thread showing various power and weight changes with most brands of pipes.

westmask

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys,That at leaset narrowed it down to two.And it answered myQues. about not having to do [ & spend ] additional $$$.Again,thanks,I'm not looking for miracles,just better sound & a bit more push. Westmask

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind that when you change the mid pipe in addition to the cans you prolly want to go with a Power Commander and a dyno both around $300 each. That's $600 you'll want to add to the price of changing out the mid-pipe. If you want to just do the cans then you won't need a PC and Dyno.

westmask

Reaction score
Visit site
Again,thanks,guys.Motogiro,I do appologize for not clarifying what you answered [ in spite of my insufficint knowledge ].I should have stated I just wanted the " cans" & not the whole system,especially cat-delete's.I live in a "Gestapo " state & the fines are INCREDIBLE for doing away with what I assume are mandatory D.M.V & EPA regs in this " Junta" where I live [ It's not called "Taxachussetts" w/o a reason !!! Ireally only want a bit more F-1 sound & torque & thanks to you all,I think I know which way to go_Okay,one last Que. , Who's got the best prices ? Thanks,tons, westmask.:Flash: