• JET Performance Engineered Exhaust

Votes: 5 0.6%

• Total voters

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm new here at the forum since I just got my 2007 s2 yesterday :rockon:

Could someone tell me how loud the sound of say two bros is while driving? Does it get annoying? I'm 22 years old, and want to bring the thunder, but I don't want to annoy myself ;)

i just got my two bros on last week and use the p1x tips on it, without the tips it is pretty loud but with the tips it is only about 25% louder than stock but sounds much deeper. I am going to swap out one of my p1x tips for a p1 tip so it is a little louder. it is not obnoxious at all with the tips in, a little too quiet with both p1x tips so that is why i am going to swap 1 out for the louder tip. then it should be perfect.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a set of TwoBros Black Series CF slipons, no silencers. It's loud and deep, but I love the sound, and I don't think you'll be able to hear too much over wind noise anyway.

Kanten

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm drooling all over the Two Bro's, but being expensive enough as they are, I have to add shipping to Norway, customs fee and the Norwegian VAT of 25 % (!)

So if any of you guys hear about a pair of second hand Two Bro's Carbon, please PM me ;-)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Scorpions and they are loud...much louder than stock, I can't even idle into the office parking lot without my boss hearing me and knowing I'm late again! :rolleyes:

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted for the Two Brothers exhaust setup, simple because I think it looks the best on the bike. I miss the carbon fiber Leos I had on my 04. Had the DB inserts in, gave the bike a nice deep tone, but not ear splitting loud. I will upload some videos I have of them.

The 07 FZ6 I am buying tomorrow has the Scorpion pipes on it. They are a hell of a lot louder then the Leos I had on my 04.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Jv9w2nnZ4"]YouTube - Exhaust.wmv[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ZDS0ye_HQ"]YouTube - YamahFZ^.wmv[/ame]

Last edited:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Man that is completely up to you, the individual. As for me, I made my own. But to try and help, here is some information and videos (Keep in mind recording and playback quality will vary from video to video):

Good discussion here on whether or not you will need a Power Commander with aftermarket slip ons: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/29417-just-bought-2006-fz6-need-some-help.html

Great sounding/looking exhaust ya made there, imo sounds better than most pipes on the market!

s0n1c

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. Anyone using termignoni exhuast here.? Hw is the sound like.? Does it sounds better than akravopic exhuast in term of the deep throat bass sound. I'm still choosing between this 2. Can't make up for my mind yet. Any comment.? :)

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered akra's a week ago. I'm really looking forward to them. I chose them because of there quality. And also because from what I heard they are not that hooligan-loud. :D I just wanted an exhaust that is a little bit louder than stock with not to much power-loss. It has to remain in line with the bike's overall comfort, so not that loud that it because annoying on longer trips.

MrTigerB

Reaction score
Visit site
wow, really nothing on the m4s...how come? Im starting to lean towards some ti 2bros...its just hard to swollow the cost :spank:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought I'd pop my 2cents in.

I have two FZ's because I .. Well I just have two.

Blue one has Scorps and catless midpipes, powercomander III...

Red one is stock.

I'm torn on the whole exhaust thing. I tend to ride the blue one all week and the red one on the weekends. (Red is stored 50 miles North of me, at my 'real'/weekend home) Occasionally I'll take the Blue one up so my buddy can ride Red.

I love the blue bike. I love the throttle response and the linnier power band it has. From 3000 RPM up to 13,000 or so, it is smooth as hell.

But I love the relaxing quiet ride on the red one. If it just were half as smooth and didn't have the pronounced rattle @ 6500 RPM and then 'second' power band @ 8000 RPM I'd be happy as heck with the exhaust.

I find myself riding blue with the RPM in the 5000 too 10,000 RPM range most of the time and red between 2000 and 5000 most of the time. It is like having two diferent model of motorcycle. Red is in 6th gear a lot. Blue tends to stay below 4th gear.

If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like the 'cool new pipe' LOST torque on the bottom end. I would be very disappointed if dumped a 1/4 of the cost of the bike into pipes and ECM to have be shift the power band into an unfriendly state.

Its about need:
  • Do you need more sound
  • More Torque throughout the RPM band
  • More Torque in the upper RPM band
  • Do you need to be different

If I had to pick, I'd be looking for midrange torque so its usable across the power band all the time. If anything compromised the bottom end from 3 - 5K I'd pull it no matter how it sounds. But this goes back to need. If you raced the FZ many of these pipes would be fine, but anything that changes the flow more than about 4% and its likely outside the engine management system to correct.

Anyone ever add AFR meters or EGT senors? Both would be handy to keep an eye on the tune after the bike is remmaped with dyno run. . .

Sun Diego FZ6

rides on!
Reaction score
Visit site
My Two Brothers CF should be here soon. The exhaust will be going on later in the week without silencer tips. I'll have to attest to how "hooligan loud" the TBRs are without the P1 or P1X tips. :spank:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
very excited! my TB (Aluminum) will be here today!

now lets see how well I do at putting them on....
((Me))
:Im With Stupid:

fayout

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it possible to install LeoVinces for s2 to my -04?

Asking because there is a lot more 2nd hand LVs for s2 than older models.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Is it possible to install LeoVinces for s2 to my -04?

Asking because there is a lot more 2nd hand LVs for s2 than older models.

I don't think it would be a problem, the mid pipe and exhaust can are the same.

Here is the 04-06 Exhaust:
partimage.gifx

and here is the 07-09 Exhaust:
partimage.gifx