Euro turn signal help...

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
One of the bulbs from the Euro style turn signals has burned out.

It's 12V by 10 watts.

I am having a hard time replacing it. I have been to three automotive stores and none of them have them.

Any idea where I could buy a replacement?

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a picture of the bulb? It's probably the same bulb my two brothers FE kit came with. They're a pain to find and cost about $5.00 each.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Go to an automotive parts store and check the lamp section? :)

Last edited:

Kenfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Sylvania 168na. 5w lamp. Amazon has them, as well as auto parts stores online, maybe even walmart. I have a handful of clear ones left over from my older silverado.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-168NA-Miniature-Natural-Amber/dp/B00318NS3E]Amazon.com: Sylvania 168NA LL Long Life Miniature Lamp (Natural Amber), (Pack of 2): Automotive[/ame]

I am pretty sure these will work.

Ken

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

Kenfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
14v is what gives them a longer life, they have a thicker filament. There will not be much visual difference between 5w and the 10w that you are replacing. The wedge base appears to be the same size as yours, plus they should be available locally, and for only a couple of bucks will get you going again.

Just bring in your old one into the store to match them up, although I believe that this style of lamp has just one size for the base, just have to make sure that the length and diameter will fit into your turn signal.

Ken

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
14v is what gives them a longer life, they have a thicker filament. There will not be much visual difference between 5w and the 10w that you are replacing. The wedge base appears to be the same size as yours, plus they should be available locally, and for only a couple of bucks will get you going again.

Just bring in your old one into the store to match them up, although I believe that this style of lamp has just one size for the base, just have to make sure that the length and diameter will fit into your turn signal.

Ken

Okay. I will check it out. I have seen these in the store that I visited. Sadly not amber ones. Size wise they were pretty much the same. I was thrown off by the different specs

As long as it's visible enough to indicate my desire to make a turn, it will do.

Thanks!