Euro OEM FZ6N Speedo Mount Question

Squiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Happy New Year All!

The previous owner of my 2004 FZ-6 fabricated a custom speedo mount that actually looks great, but I’ve noticed during heavy braking and rough roads the speedo has too much play. It moves around a little too much which can be felt in the bars through a shaking sensation.

So the search begins…

I have the dominator headlight kit, which I love and don’t want to change, but my speedo needs a new mounting bracket and I’m looking for something OEM. I don’t know if this has ever been done before, but I found a UK genuine Yamaha parts website for the factory FZ6-N. The below link shows the mounting bracket and all hardware needed and the price in USD is very very affordable. Shipping on the other hand from the UK could be nasty.

p1040825x.jpg

Yamaha Cover Meter FZ6-N Fazer 2004 2005 FZ6-NS FZ6-NA 2007 Genuine Parts Originate From The Same Dr

So my question… Will the above UK FZ-6N speedo bracket fit a US spec FZ-6 triple? If the bolt holes line up, I’m buying this RIGHT NOW. Can anyone comment?

As always, THANK YOU!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, that's not a bracket. That's a plastic speedo cover. On FZ6N, the speedo mount is part of the headlight stay (again, I could be wrong.. but I'm pretty sure that's how it works).

I think your best bet is LEAN69 bracket. There will still be a bit of play, as it's only mounted the the top clamp with one small bolt.