EU motorbike rules, per country PLEASE HELP.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Since today it's mandatory in France to wear EC standard motorbike gloves on a bike, here's the link (in French)
Martin,
Thank you for the great work you've done on this thread. Does this new French glove law include scooters? I have family in France and they ride a scooter.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll assume that all countries in EU require an approved helmet.
We have states in the US. that don't require any protective gear. Maybe eye protection?

It might be nice for a list of rules in the different US states. :)

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a wierd one. I've just looked it up, and it is compulsory to wear a helmet in Denmark. Which is odd on account of just how many people I saw riding without one in Aalborg. I wonder if it's ever enforced?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Martin,
Thank you for the great work you've done on this thread. Does this new French glove law include scooters? I have family in France and they ride a scooter.

I must admit I found this on a Dutch bikers site and it didn't specify, but when I throw it in Google translate it does mention mopeds.

Here's a wierd one. I've just looked it up, and it is compulsory to wear a helmet in Denmark. Which is odd on account of just how many people I saw riding without one in Aalborg. I wonder if it's ever enforced?

I've noticed the same in several countries, mainly in the towns/cities, I guess some places don't check as often, if that was Holland you would be stopped as soon as the police see you. In Holland there is a class of moped which is very restricted/underpowered which actually falls into a seperate catagory (similar to a bicycle) and you don't require a helmet, and you can ride on cycle paths.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit I found this on a Dutch bikers site and it didn't specify, but when I throw it in Google translate it does mention mopeds.

I've noticed the same in several countries, mainly in the towns/cities, I guess some places don't check as often, if that was Holland you would be stopped as soon as the police see you. In Holland there is a class of moped which is very restricted/underpowered which actually falls into a seperate catagory (similar to a bicycle) and you don't require a helmet, and you can ride on cycle paths.

I sent the link to my niece and she said scooters are included and thanks for the heads up. :)