EU Commision

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
The Eggheads in the EU commision are currently working on regulations that will limit horsepower to 100 for motorcycles sold in the EU.

This is nonsense and does not improve safety at all.

How do we react on this? I'm at least reminded of the old DDR and other dictatures. Why will I have to be limited in my choice of my next MC?

:eek:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to see the logic and evidence behind this? Lobby is what we need to do.

Nelly

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that sucks. I will try to think of things for you to do because even though this doesn't initially directly affect me, the thing about bad laws is that they are contagous. If this actually happens, it's only a matter of time before it spreads around the world.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Once again the EU shows how brilliantly ignorant it is!!!!!

I wonder if they would put the same limit on cars, - but come to think of it they properly won't, - since that would outlaw all the EU bureaucrats EU paid cars .....

Don't you just love the fact that we are a member of the EU?? :banghead:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Once again the EU shows how brilliantly ignorant it is!!!!!

I wonder if they would put the same limit on cars, - but come to think of it they properly won't, - since that would outlaw all the EU bureaucrats EU paid cars .....

Don't you just love the fact that we are a member of the EU?? :banghead:
I enjoy it as much, as that slight zip accident Ben Stiller has in "Something about Mary"

Ouch

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
****ing idiots ... one can kill theirself on a 80hp bike or on a 160hp bike just as well ...

This is realy stupid and we owe it to the French ...

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
It's been the case in France for years and no-one could ever demonstrate a direct link between HP and fatalities... (there is somewhat of a link between HP/displacement and accident rate though...).

The MAIDS report clearly shows that engine displacement and HP is not the direct root cause of anything... scooters are the # 1 on the accident list in Europe by FAR (ok it's also the # 1 in terms of QTY on the road..... but still!)!!

Sorry for all you Europeans, even though I personally don't think anyone needs more than 100HP on their street bike... 100HP is plenty enough to have all kinds of fun on a twisty road, and if you want to go to the track you can legally remove the HP restrictions...

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good thing the fz6 is just under 100 bhp then,
I absolutely can't kill myself going from 0-60 in just under 4 seconds.

Last edited:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I think this is an overreaction the following image shows a far more effecient and sane way of preventing accidents:

Stuffed+Bear+Car.jpg