Engine Power

tuul01

tuul01
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so just a quick update on developments so far... I ended up back tracking on the cam shafts and head gaskets (for the time being anyway) as I was told the power bands for the bike would shift up so only giving me REAL power up at the top end where at the moment I get 2 power bands, one in the mid range and the second one as I pass through 8K rpm.

So what I did was to change the stock screen to a PUIG double bubble - makes the riding more comfortable and looks good as well.... whether or not it helps with aerodynamics when racing I'll have to let you know next week after I done another trackday!!

I also went with a -1 Renthal front sprocket as well to make the acceleration more aggresive... it now means my top speed is down. At 7K rpm before I made about 80-85mph and now make about 75mph (with the speedohealer).

Oh yeh, I also gutted the cat on the bike and managed to add another 2bhp and about 1ft/lb torque!! :rockon: I'm now making 95 bhp and 42 ft/lb torque at the rear wheel. :thumbup: Best thing was that it didn't affect any of the fuel/air ratios I had sorted out with the PC III.

The next plan is a mechanical ignition advancer designed for the R6 but which can be used for the FZ6, which I've heard increase power a fair amount with no real issues. I'll have to richen the air/fuel mix but I think its worth it!

I think once I hit 100bhp or as close to it as I can make it (without resorting to engine mods) I'll be happy!! :D

Last edited:

tuul01

tuul01
Reaction score
Visit site
oh yeah, I'm also going for a 1 2 1 instructor option for the whole day next trackday so I hope that really helps me maximise my bike to the best of my abilities... I think out of everything, this will probably make the most difference!! :Sport: