Engine Power FZS6VR

T

toco

I bought a 2006 Yamaha Fazer in the US. Now that I am back in Germany I have some problems to get a registration for that bike because I do not know how many SAE horsepower my motorcycle (or the US model in general) has. I visited the internet page yamaha-motor.com for the engine specifications but the website does not call out the horsepower for a 2006 Fazer. My manual either.

Could someone provide me with an engine specification sheet regarding the official US engine power for a 2006 Yamaha Fazer?

I appreciate your help.

Model: FZS6VR
Model Label: 5VxH-010
VIN: JYARJ08

T

toco

Great, thanks. But I doubt that will help to convince the German officals from trom TÜV and the insurance company. Thank you though.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
If you need official documents, there's only one place to get them...Yamaha or a Yamaha dealer (okay, technically two places....). You'll probably have to call corporate Yamaha and ask them to mail you a hard copy of the specs for your year and model.

S

sportrider

according to Motorcyclist magazine, the FZ6 has 92.8hp@ 12500rpm and 43.9ftlb of torque @ 10500rpm. those are rear wheel figures.

Can't you just take the bike down and pull a few dyno runs?