Engine Paint?

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I know this question has been asked before but I cant find it on here anywhere. I have an 05 fizzer, the silver and black model. How much would it affect the bike if I got the engine painted black?

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
It wont affect the way it runs. Just make sure you get paint designed for an engine. Regular Krylon will just flake off.

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
It wont affect the way it runs. Just make sure you get paint designed for an engine. Regular Krylon will just flake off.

Fo Sho, if you go to the like autozone or your local auto shop, they will have 'Engine' paint in their selection of paints... :thumbup:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I have the black engine on my 2006. Seems just as warm as my brother's 2005 silver engine. How are you going to paint it? Are you going to take the block out of the bike?

Sounds like quite the project mod!!! you'll need to post a mad good How-To!!!

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm, I guess the '06 + models run hotter then '04 & '05s? Seriously, the paint would have to have some insulating effect for that to be even remotely possible now wouldn't it. The engine temp is controlled by the liquid cooling, the colour of engine paint is irrelevant....:thumbup: