Engine case cover?

BitesWhenBitten

Reaction score
Visit site
Slid my bike today, I've seen this happen on other bikes, so I know someone's got to have it.
I can't test the ECU issue that caused the wreck until I get oil in it, therefore I need this cover.
If anyone has one for sale or knows the part number, that would be appreciated.
I haven't had the chance to crack open my manual to try to find it, and I figure this is easier.
The clutch cover and tank turned out fine, I got off pretty easy.
Thank you guys!
45f684621fb3cdd058e5b7591d7ee05e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe your bike is an S2 (07-09) model?

Part 16 and 23: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2007/fz6-fzs6w/crankcase-cover-1

Part #21, the ignition pick up also has to removed and re-installed onto the new cover:
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2007/fz6-fzs6w/electrical-1

You can replace the cover W/O dumping the oil, just use the side stand. Also, as I re-call, the sensor is held on with two torx screws with Loctite on them.

Have a heat gun handy and work quickly and the screws will come out. (Heat ONLY the aluminum/screw your trying to remove)

You also need some sealer to re-seal where the wires go thru the cover (Yamabond works great).

*If you have a short stool, you can do the job W/O even in-plugging it. Just work right next to the engine... Maybe a 30 minutes job..

Your "peg feeler" is probably gone or at least bent to heck too... It screws into the bottom of the peg.

Last edited:

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can pick up that cover on ebay pretty cheap. Search for fz6 timing cover.

Or, if nothing is leaking, you could just leave it.