Engine bolt torques ?

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know the correct torque setting for the engine bolts ? I have fitted Evotech frame sliders but cannot find what the correct recommended torque setting is in the manual.

Any advice would be appreciated :thumbup:

Thanks JC

watermark.php

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
The service manual says 55Nm (40ft*lbs).

Where do I get a service manual ? I only have an owners one !!??

I saw a thread a while ago with a link to some manuals however I couldn't open any !

edit: :Im With Stupid:

Sorry I've opened my eyes and seen the thread at the top of this page !!

I take it I have to open an account with them to view it ?

And thanks Shaggy .. you're a gent :thumbup:

Last edited:

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
You're very welcome....but I don't think you need an account to download the service manuals. Just click on the link in the Service Manuals thread and it should take you to the mediafire website. There will be another link in the middle of the page that says "Click Here to Start Download". That's it, no need to sign up for free spam.

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
So Shaggy says 40 FT-LBS.................55nM
Neil says ? .................40nM

I called the tech today he said 40FT-lbs

I'm hoping someone didn't read the manual wrong or we may have some stripped threads.

Glenn

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Buy the allens in the sizes you need with the allen placed in a socket head.

they make them, head to sears and take around the tool section, Craftsman is reasonably priced and carry a lifetime warranty ( Of course i bought mine when i was young and thought i had money and got mine from Snap-On)

H

HavBlue

they make them, head to sears and take around the tool section, Craftsman is reasonably priced and carry a lifetime warranty ( Of course i bought mine when i was young and thought i had money and got mine from Snap-On)

Man, bet that hurt....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
whenever the Snap on truck rolled in i knew i was in trouble. I have since learned that Craftsman is plenty good and they are just as good to deal with when a tool breaks. Just bring in the broken tool and they give you a new (or refurbished one, right on the spot.

H

HavBlue

whenever the Snap on truck rolled in i knew i was in trouble. I have since learned that Craftsman is plenty good and they are just as good to deal with when a tool breaks. Just bring in the broken tool and they give you a new (or refurbished one, right on the spot.

I have Snap-on, Mac, Proto, Ingersoll Rand and Craftsman. All are good but Craftsman are easiest to exchange should they break and the cost is much easier on the wallet.