Encounter with a Harley rider

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never had any issue with a HD rider here. Most just ignore me, a few will actually speak with me and one in twenty *might* wave back. I found that if my wife is with me on her V Star, they tend to wave back at a much higher frequency. ;)

I'd have put the arse of my bike next to his open window and just revved the hell out of it.

We all (non-HD riders) know that loud pipes doesn't mean the bike is better or faster... just vibrates a lot more.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
My guess is he is just plain stupid.

I second that. I've ridden with plenty of different guys on plenty of different bikes, and it all comes down to the rider - the bikes got nothing to do with it. Of course, nobody said that this fool even rides, he just has a $5 sticker on his truck...

ironman

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe I would have responded like this. . .

"Like a lawnmower ehh? I must admit that it sounds pretty domesticated when it is idle, and it's not much to look at, but you wouldn't believe how it screams when you really start to ride it. It's pretty much like your mom!!!"

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Though I'm not always really quick, as a response, I'd suggest: "that's funny, I've got a lawn mower at home that sounds just like a harley." And wave.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just ignore it. Some of these world class losers will try to hit you if you outsmart them:spank: (which can be pretty easy...lol.)

I personally haven't had too much trouble. I nod to them and sometimes I get a nod back. Sometimes I don't. Besides, I ride mostly in the twisties and don't really see too many Harleys...lol.

If you really feel you need to say something, then how about,"I'm sorry, but I can't hear you properly. That last Harley I flogged nearly made me deaf.":D

Cheers
Mike

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
That comment coming from a guy in a truck on a cell phone. Just look back at him and say "nice truck.....bike broke down again". Now rev the bike until he cannot hear himself think. Windows up or down, he will know you are there.

Side note from the school yard....."Your Momma"......That fixes everything.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I have a friend who rides a Harley low rider. We go riding together alot more than he rides with his other harley buddies. He has rode my fz6 he says there is no comparison in how mine handles compared to his, but he still swears those foward controls are more comfortable than my bike, his hurts my back. Oh and I do give him crap everytime he has to work on it. There are actually alot of harley riders around here that dont like sport bikes. I dont know why but I like to think that it is because we can out preform them in just about every way.