Emergency: need help with rizoma fox install, 3 hours left!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so I bought a rizoma fox licenseplateholder/fender eliminator.
How on earth do I put the indicator lights on the silver thingies on the end??
PTmulti.jpg

if I don't get it within 3 hours, I'm gonna miss out on something tomorrow :(:eek:

pls help :confused:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like it was set up for the mini stalks.

Take your stock signals and look inside the rubber boot. you'll see a nut in there, remove it and the rubber boot from the stock signal stock. Now, using that same nut that held the boot on, attach it to this. The "C" shape is to allow the wire to fit.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like it was set up for the mini stalks.

Take your stock signals and look inside the rubber boot. you'll see a nut in there, remove it and the rubber boot from the stock signal stock. Now, using that same nut that held the boot on, attach it to this. The "C" shape is to allow the wire to fit.

ahh right...another stupid question then, what about the rubber boot? It's for making sure dirt doesn't get to the light, right? do I have to cut a hole in it to put it back and allow the rubber boot to fit??

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
The 'rubber boot' is designed to hold the factory signals in place. This FE won't/can't use them.

You could just put in some silicone sealant into the ends of the factory signals where the wires come out to seal em up!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok I had it almost together, ofcourse after doing it wrong a couple of times having me unscrew everything again..I finally had it ready to mount, wanted to test the connections before putting everything behind the covers, and the god damn rizoma has 2 female connectors, while the yamaha ones had males ones on that side. so now im stuck with 4x females who don't want to play together...

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cut the Rizoma provided females off, slip on some shrink tube and solder on the yamaha male ends, then heat the shrink tube over the solder points. Done!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You need to buy Rizoma brackets for the Yamaha OEM signals.

PJs Parts

View attachment 25784
lol nice of the damn yamaha dealer to mention that..
its too late now, its been kitted :p looks good enough..
I already gave up untill the weekend, I don't know how to solder properly and don't have the stuff in house to do it anyway.
I'll take the cable over to the yamaha dealer saturday and have them put on the right connectors. I paid enough for the thing to whine untill they do it for me. I've mounted the bd43, GPS, footsteps, akrapovic exhausts, but none of the items are as crap to place as this overpriced FE kit. There's not even a guide that says what screws to use. I'm never buying any rizoma **** again.