elevation of the rear end? how??

DanishViking

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys.
i would like to rise the rear end a couple of cm. How can i do this? i've talked with some people here i denmark and they said i could add some new dog bones or suspension link dog bones, what ever they are called. this is the video that i got the inspiration from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6bfH1Kd7Tg . is this possible because i can't seem to find any to buy for my Fz6 naked 2007?
Another possibility is adjusting the rear suspension? would this rise the rear end?

Hope you can help. i am open for any advise.

Regards phil

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you accomplish this and fail to raise the nose an equal amount you will have a scary and ill handling bike.

Yes, you could increase the eye to eye length of the shock by extending the the shocks end link. It is possible.

That said if you are so tall you need the bike raised, I cant imagine you two fit each other well. From this I ask if you are above average weight 250lbs etc that you first increase the stock shock preload to Max = 7. And if that is not enough you respring each end of the bike making it suitable for weight it needs to carry.

Please read the owners manual. The yamaha website has it if you do not.

Last edited:

DanishViking

Reaction score
Visit site
Finallmpact: i am not tall (180 cm). i've raised the stock suspension to level 7, which helped a bit with the looks. the only reason i would like to raise the rear end was to get a more "racing look". but i am guite happy with the rear when its on level 7 and won't mess with the steering capabilities by adding more elevation to the rear end. Thanks :)