Ebay levers review (pictures)

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed mine yesterday and briefly tested them and they are great

the brake side fitted perfectly

on the clutch side the free play was too much due to the bushing being too big compared to the OEM, I tried to take it out but no success, so I ended putting a little piece of cilindrical metal in there and the play now is as it should be, willl post pictures once my girlfriend gives me back the camera

Cheers

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed mine yesterday and briefly tested them and they are great

the brake side fitted perfectly

on the clutch side the free play was too much due to the bushing being too big compared to the OEM, I tried to take it out but no success, so I ended putting a little piece of cilindrical metal in there and the play now is as it should be, willl post pictures once my girlfriend gives me back the camera

Cheers

it fits fine, all you had to do is screw out the clutch cable adjustment screw a little.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
On the bike

The fit is perfect, took 15 minutes and i had time to chit chat with the significant other....(its only 38.99 Honey !)

Damn you and your review! :spank:

Just kidding! :BLAA:

I managed to stay away from the eBay links in your original post for a few weeks, but today I couldn't resist and ended up buying levers for myself. Had to have them delivered to work so my wife doesn't find out, and I'll probably have to have them mounted in the dimly lit underground parking at work as well... Luckily she is totally ignorant to how the bike looks so she will never find out that the levers changed, but she is not ignorant to my seemingly endless bike and boat shopping sprees and would explode if she knew about this (and the rest of my shopping)... ;)

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
it fits fine, all you had to do is screw out the clutch cable adjustment screw a little.

Maybe due to my poor English I didn't express correctly

I didn't mean the clutch cable slack, I meant the part where the clutch lever fits into the handlebar, the bushing that came with the chinese lever has more internal space than the one on the OEM lever, so the lever itself was kind of floating there :)

cheers.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine came with the wrong size bushings in the clutch lever. I pressed the bushing out of the old lever and used it in the new. Perfect fit!

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Mine came with the wrong size bushings in the clutch lever. I pressed the bushing out of the old lever and used it in the new. Perfect fit!

Well, that's irritating. I'm wondering if mine will come with the correct or incorrect bushing.... Hopefully I get the FZ6 levers instead of the T-Z6 levers. ;)

I do have a 12 ton hydraulic press in my garage, so it's not like I can't swap them out, but still annoying and they need to correct the problem.

JimE

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll let you know when I get mine. I still haven't received them and it's been a little over a week. I don't own a press so this will be fun if they aren't the correct bushings.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
When I got mine last week they had the wrong bushings in them. I'm not too mechanically inclined, but a couple of sockets, some insulating tape to prevent scratches and an imperial persuader (2lb lump hammer) and the old bushing was out !!

They look great, just need time to ride it.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
When I got mine last week they had the wrong bushings in them. I'm not too mechanically inclined, but a couple of sockets, some insulating tape to prevent scratches and an imperial persuader (2lb lump hammer) and the old bushing was out !!

They look great, just need time to ride it.

Have any of you guys communicated back to "the2wheels" that they are shipping levers with the incorrect sized bushing?

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
My conversation went something like this (copied from ebay)

Me : the Clutch lever appears to have the wrong size of bushing.
2Wheels : Dear friend, Thanks for your enquiry. Could you please try to remove the gold ring, then re use the OEM bushing?
Me : How do you suggest I remove the gold bushing ?
2Wheels : Dear friend, Thanks for your enquiry. Could you please try to use the pin push to remove?
Me : I got the Bushing out and they fit. Why did you send the levers with the wrong bushings
2Wheels : Dear friend, Thanks for your enquiry. It is because this levers within the gold ring for the other bike.

So I guess if you have the "other bike" then you're good :)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My conversation went something like this (copied from ebay)

Me : the Clutch lever appears to have the wrong size of bushing.
2Wheels : Dear friend, Thanks for your enquiry. Could you please try to remove the gold ring, then re use the OEM bushing?
Me : How do you suggest I remove the gold bushing ?
2Wheels : Dear friend, Thanks for your enquiry. Could you please try to use the pin push to remove?
Me : I got the Bushing out and they fit. Why did you send the levers with the wrong bushings
2Wheels : Dear friend, Thanks for your enquiry. It is because this levers within the gold ring for the other bike.

So I guess if you have the "other bike" then you're good :)

Clearly your fault for having the wrong bike! :BLAA:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol, that is funny.

Mine fit/work fine so I must have got the luck of the draw on the set I received.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
lol, that is funny.

Mine fit/work fine so I must have got the luck of the draw on the set I received.

The lever will fit with the bushings they send. It is too big though. I'm betting if you pull it off and check you probable got the same bushings we did.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to pick up a set of these but am hesitant now. Don't want to deal with finding the right tools to get the new bushings out and the old ones in.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The lever will fit with the bushings they send. It is too big though. I'm betting if you pull it off and check you probable got the same bushings we did.

No mine fit and function perfectly. What issues are you having with the larger bushing? I can post up a video of mine in use if needed, they fit fine.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
No mine fit and function perfectly. What issues are you having with the larger bushing? I can post up a video of mine in use if needed, they fit fine.

I'm not have a problem with mine, I replaced the bushings. I contacted 2wheels and he said they all ship this way. He doesn't have the right bushing, but the one he sends will work.

Pull your clutch lever off and compare them, you'll be surprised.