Easy way to get A-hole pedestrians out of your way.

Chackster

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was cruising around the city to unwind after a hard day of studying on Saturday (med student @ U of Buffalo with cardiology final this Friday). Was stopped at a red light at a fairly high traffic intersection (but it was about 11 PM so it wasn't that crowded) and was first in line to go with a couple cars behind me.
Light is about to turn green and low and behold just past the other side of the intersection some jacka$! thugs that apparently thought there were hot s*@! and thus figured that traffic would surely stop for them, start crossing the street, taking their time, 40's in hand. Light turns green and I start moving, let the clutch out fast, shoot up to about 7k and snap it off and on to pull a nice power wheelie right at these d-bags. My tank was pretty empty so it came up quickly and easily, and probably peaked at around 4ft AGL. Said thugs hauled a** out of my way and I gave them got a clear view of my digitus impudicus as brought it back down and passed them.
I know I may get reprimanded by some here, and I may deserve it. There were limitless negative consequenses to that situation, but I just was not in the mood for the crap that those dicks tried to pull. And it felt damn good to see them sprint for the side of the road. :squid:

Last edited:
I

inkrediboy

Being the moderator in the Bar - I'd say this borders a bit on touchy, as you are expressing the use of unsafe motorcycling techniques in a way that if those punks did'nt move out of your way, a few of you could have been driven away in ambulances... I wouldn't condone hitting pedestrians or ever placing yourself at risk, or using your own bike and person as a projectile, its against the law, and just plain dangerous. Please ride safe brother.

I will leave this posted for other readers, as wheelies are good fun :) - and pedestrians who act like the world revolves around them by taking their slow ass time instead of walking quicker need a wakeup call now and then. However, do it with loud pipes, not the undercarriage of your bike.

I've been in that position many of times, and can't stand the disrespect you see on the roads, so I feel you.

fz6 forum does not condone unsafe motorcyling especially with pedestrians involved - so again, ride safe and keep your posts clean.

INK

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
We call them "froggers" ... peds who either hop from lane to lane or see the cars about to pull off and head down bolt at snail speed across the intersection. They also have this way of freezing ion the face of oncoming traffic .... the :eek:look.

They kill plenty bikers.

We also have armies of pedlars at every intersection, from beggars to newspaper guys to sunglass salesmen to mobile phone accesories. They stand about betwen the cars and don't get out the way when we're trying to get through. It's funny though, they get more and more brazen daily, until one day they see a bike and SCATTER out the way.

Long live the aerial.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
An interesting take on the problem. No judgement here in either direction; it sounds too much of a fun way to deliver a wake up call.

(mp)

Moving off at a slight tangent, just a couple of hours ago I was Iwas reading the news letter from our local institute of advanced motorcyclists, one of whom posted the incident posted below.

Worrying Incident

Riding home from the Fairway Tavern at about 11.30pm, Pete Morgan spotted a young man running towards him. “Initially I thought he was running to cross the road. In
fact he was looking at me and was clearly intent on intercepting me. He didn’t look
drunk or high, but something told me that I needed to take evasive action rather than
stop. I actually thought that he was going to try and knock me off my bike. “As we were about to get really close I swerved to the left, accelerated and left him standing in the middle of the road. Half a second later and I have been available. “I thought of calling in at the Police station to report the incident, but didn’t. However the next day I kept thinking about it to try and figure out what the motive might have been other than an idiotic attempt to cause an accident with just his mates as witnesses. “It would seem that the potential truth is just as worrying. Chatting to an on duty police officer a few days
later, I asked if she had any thoughts about what could have been the motive. “She said it was almost certainly an attempt to hijack my bike. The gang get the bike to stop, one way or another, and then force the rider off and take the bike away. “What happened to me then fell into place. Low-life wasn't trying to knock me off the bike but was trying to scare me enough to stop in case I hit him. The incident has now been officially reported and added to all the other information that is being collated. “However, until something
positive can be done it would appear that we need to be careful in and around the area,
and I would suggest that you think very carefully before stopping for any reason that
seems out of the ordinary.”

As Phil Esterhaus would say "Lets be careful out there".

Last edited:

Chackster

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats pretty scary. Whenever I'm stopped in a not-so-nice neighborhood, which happens fairly often in Buffalo, I realize how exposed I really am. It wouldn't take much to get me off my bike. I'm 5'9'' 175lbs. I'm sure I would put up a fight, but if someone just grabbed me from behind, while another hopped on and took off, I wouldn't really be able to do much.

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
In my cage I turned one of my hood mounted washer solvent sprayer nozzles around so it points front... its nice for that sort of thing.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Being the moderator in the Bar...

Wowsers! Gratz on the speedy promotion. I feel the force must be strong with this one...

Which takes me back about 10 years ago. Couple of friends and I decide to hit up local bar in South Los Feliz. Anyway, being in the jolly mood that I was, I stood right in front of the bar's entry-way with arms loosely down, hands clasped one over the other. As the bouncer was just inside the entryway's hallway, I was in the perfect location. Moments later three sexy women approach the bar. I smile, greet them and ask for their IDs. Ofcourse they oblige, getting their names (age was not that important to me) I thank them and kindly show them inside. You guys should of seen the expressions on their faces when they got carded the second time by the bouncer :D

I tried hitting on them inside but my earlier perfomance did not score many points. Cheers to that - my friends and I got a good laugh.

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
i would have done the same:thumbup: but people around were i live pack guns:Flip: who know what could happen, but i do it all the time. my favorite is kicking someones car when they go into your lane and run you off the road, because they are talking on their cell phones not paying attion:rockon: