Easy To Use Flushmounts?

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
So my bike with 106,000 Ks is up for rego soon. The person I bought it off (with 30,000) managed to snap the front right blinker clipping the car in the garage.

Since ive owned the bike its been held on with duct tape. Ive just left it on cos it works. Problem is its broken on the inside if the bikini fairing & I need to rip off the tape to pass a pink slip.

I can either try to araldite it or slip in some after market flush mounts.
Anyone struck a bargain in their travels? Ideas?

Im not after aesthetics. The bike has scratches on the tank & the side covers are looking 2nd hand. Looks like cancer under the silver paint. I change the oil every 5000 if not 4000 Ks & change the oil filter every 2nd oil change. Air filter, chain, sprockets, tyres are all new.

If I decided to upgrade what should I be asking? The bike has a heap of Ks but has had an easy life. I reckon a bike is only worth what some one else will pay for it. I would pay 1500 for it but im not someone else.
Basically I want to fit flush mounts get rego & maybe flog it.
The alternative is I stash it in the garage & pull it out when racing retro FZ6s becomes cool in 20 years. Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a pretty low price, but I haven't seen any FZ6 for sale with that kind of K's on it.
I'd be suprised if you couldn't pick up a replacement even from a wrecker for a reasonable price, but the faired version is different than the naked, so just how cheap and easy it is is the real question.
Maybe even converting it to naked might be an idea? Would probably fix up the look and be cheaper, but it is effort for selling it and you might not see any return.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a pretty low price, but I haven't seen any FZ6 for sale with that kind of K's on it.
I'd be suprised if you couldn't pick up a replacement even from a wrecker for a reasonable price, but the faired version is different than the naked, so just how cheap and easy it is is the real question.
Maybe even converting it to naked might be an idea? Would probably fix up the look and be cheaper, but it is effort for selling it and you might not see any return.

Thanks mate, your right about the conversion. Too expensive. It wouldn't matter if Jimi Hendrix had once pissed on it. Nobody wants to buy a bike with that sort of Ks on it. Therefore it would be priced accordingly & even then I wouldn't be holding my breath for a buyer.
The thing is that this bike has had a great life. Commuting & the regular touring route. It certainly hasn't been flogged. I doubt I ever get over 7 grand commuting so I get better fuel mileage. 320 km tank all the time.
If I cant give it away what do I do with it? :(

66,000 miles nearly :eek:
And there was me thinking mine was pretty high at 18,000

Hey Ridgeback. 18,000 miles is 29,000km. Your engine is still young & strong. Keep up the fluids (oil, but lets not start another oil thread) & you can expect another 46,000 miles yet. I have proof :thumbup: