Dynotune time! Now with map!

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, i didnt get 100hp as i wanted, i got 98.73hp! I think it can be safely said, that after having my bike on 2 seperate dyno's, and with having all the performance mods you can do to an FZ6, without opening up the motor, and going nuts internally, that i have found the "limit" of acheivable FZ6 hp figures with a stock motor....

I did get a decent gain in torque though, up about 4Nm on previous figures....

Maximum HP was reached at 10000 rpm, with things dropping away at 12300rpm...

Still, i am happy, the bike is not running rich anymore, the exhaust note is "tighter", and my bike still weigh's less than an R6, and looks better too!

I did get the dyno done with the baffles in, so it is possible that with the baffles out i could of achieved a poofteenth more HP, but i wont run the bike without the baffles in, cause it is so freaking loud with an open exhaust, it is more than ridiculous....

Will scan the map in tomorrow....it's 3.41am in the morning now, and i cant be bothered going out to my shed to get the thing.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I would personally be more happy with a 2kRPM drop in max power level than I would be with that extra 'poofteenth'. That is a sixth of the range lower down! But another 4nm?! That an extra 10% gain over stock for both HP and torque. Well done bud - it seems to have been a labour of love

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, here is the map....

As you can see, the first map reads 95.73hp / 42.58 Nm

Now this is slightly down on my last mapping, which read 98.4hp/ 43.5Nm, Which was done about 2 years ago on a different dyno, and before my latest exhaust mods....

This could be for 2 reasons....1. Different Dyno, 2. Mapping has been corrupted by the fact that the new exhaust mods where stuffing around with the map...

But the reality is, the bike was running at the 95.73hp / 42.58Nm when the bike was put on this dyno, this time, so that's what i have been riding with....

As you can see, the final figure for this dyno run was 98.71hp / 45.26Nm, and improvement of 2.98hp / 2.68 Nm (not quite the torque gains i quoted in my last post, but i was guessing from memory when i posted that...sorry).

As you can see, the map has a very linear look, and shows a relatively smooth progression in HP from about 2500rpm, through to 12500rpm, where hp reaches the peak reading, then drops off....

Re HP, there is a real decent "kick in the pants" from 6500rpm, through to 7500rpm, then another steeper climb from 7500rpm to 8250rpm, then decent progressive power from 8500rpm, through to peak power at 12250rpm....the biggest gains in this map is gained at 10250rpm, with a gain of about an extra 5hp available from the previous map...

As for Torque, i gained decent increases at 8000rpm, and 10000rpm, with peak torque available at 10000rpm.

Anyway, here is the map, and read all this for yourself...

Cheers....

View attachment 34946

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, here is the map....

As you can see, the first map reads 95.73hp / 42.58 Nm

Now this is slightly down on my last mapping, which read 98.4hp/ 43.5Nm, Which was done about 2 years ago on a different dyno, and before my latest exhaust mods....

This could be for 2 reasons....1. Different Dyno, 2. Mapping has been corrupted by the fact that the new exhaust mods where stuffing around with the map...

But the reality is, the bike was running at the 95.73hp / 42.58Nm when the bike was put on this dyno, this time, so that's what i have been riding with....

As you can see, the final figure for this dyno run was 98.71hp / 45.26Nm, and improvement of 2.98hp / 2.68 Nm (not quite the torque gains i quoted in my
last post, but i was guessing from memory when i posted that...sorry).

As you can see, the map has a very linear look, and shows a relatively smooth progression in HP from about 2500rpm,
through to 12500rpm, where hp reaches the peak reading, then drops off....

Re HP, there is a real decent "kick in the pants" from 6500rpm, through to 7500rpm, then another steeper climb from 7500rpm to 8250rpm, then decent progressive power from 8500rpm, through to peak power at 12250rpm....the biggest gains in this map is
gained at 10250rpm, with a gain of about an extra 5hp available from the previous map...

As for Torque, i gained decent increases at

8000rpm, and 10000rpm, with peak torque available at 10000rpm.

Anyway, here is the map, and read all this for yourself...

Cheers....

View attachment 34946

Just to let everyone know, the bike is running like it never has before now, the new tune is spot on! :rockon::rockon::rockon: