grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go to Power Commander General Downloads

Click the other tab

download Dynojet WinPep 7 Run Viewer Software

and extract and run the viewer from the zip file.

This should load your file, then you can do a screen grab (alt-prtscrn) of the chart. Paste that into paint or something and save it as jpg.
:thumbup:

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
[quote: KimL]That is true, it´s the same bike and it´s very easy to change the 78 hk version into the 98 hk version. I have the 78 hk version and have changed it into 98 hk, only took about a minute. The limiter is on the throttle as Toympas sad.

Hope i can explain this so you understand since my first language isn´t english, but i will give it a try.

If you look down onto the engine under the gastank on the left side and move the throttle back and forward you see a wheel that turns this wheel holds the throttle cabel. If you look at this wheel you will see two stops, one that will only make you turn the throttle about a quarter. If you look further back on this wheel you see another stop that will make you turn the throttle even more. This is the original stop that is used on the S2 version. If you just bend away the first stop you will be able to turn the throttle all the way and you will be able to use all the 98 hks of the enginge, it´s as easy as that. So if you don´t want ABS brakes on your bike and can live with having the old instumentation and not the new one from the FZ1 then there is no need to buy the S2 version of this bike since it´s so easy to change the 78 hk version.

We have a motorcycle magazine here in Sweden that also has looked into this bike in their last number and they verified that Yamaha has only made this modification to the bike to get it to 78 hk. This was the fastest and cheapest way for them to do it.

Hope everybody understand what i tried to explain .[/quote:KimL]

not bad for the persons second language..lol

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I only see the set screw on one end for the idle and one stop for the throttle limit. Here is the chart.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
bump...bump...bump......ba......ba......ba......bump...bump...bump

Last edited:

FZ6OZ

Reaction score
Visit site
[quote: KimL]That is true, it´s the same bike and it´s very easy to change the 78 hk version into the 98 hk version. I have the 78 hk version and have changed it into 98 hk, only took about a minute. The limiter is on the throttle as Toympas sad.

Hope i can explain this so you understand since my first language isn´t english, but i will give it a try.

If you look down onto the engine under the gastank on the left side and move the throttle back and forward you see a wheel that turns this wheel holds the throttle cabel. If you look at this wheel you will see two stops, one that will only make you turn the throttle about a quarter. If you look further back on this wheel you see another stop that will make you turn the throttle even more. This is the original stop that is used on the S2 version. If you just bend away the first stop you will be able to turn the throttle all the way and you will be able to use all the 98 hks of the enginge, it´s as easy as that. So if you don´t want ABS brakes on your bike and can live with having the old instumentation and not the new one from the FZ1 then there is no need to buy the S2 version of this bike since it´s so easy to change the 78 hk version.

We have a motorcycle magazine here in Sweden that also has looked into this bike in their last number and they verified that Yamaha has only made this modification to the bike to get it to 78 hk. This was the fastest and cheapest way for them to do it.

Hope everybody understand what i tried to explain .[/quote:KimL]

not bad for the persons second language..lol

has anyone tested this?

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
As others have said, every dyno is different, every dynoer is different, every engine is different, gas is different, and most importantly, crank hp != wheel hp.

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
regarding the "mysterious european model" do you have the Fazer or the FZ6? what is the colour? does your instrument panel look like, what year did you buy it. its unlikely the 78hp to show 80hp, unless you are on a very optimistic dyno

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WTF......dynoed out at 80HP?!?!?!?!?!?! Best it could do. Is this normal? Do I have this mysterious European model I read on a thread a while back rated for 78HP. Answers would be greatly appreciated. Been searching the threads. Will keep looking.....:mad:
If your bike is running well and you are happy with it, doe's it matter if its making 80 or 100hp?
Don't sweat it mate.

Nelly