DuPont Motorcycle Chain Lubes 2012

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd noticed I couldn't find it anywhere. What's the second best? The stuff I got at the stealership is terribly messy.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Walmart has the Chain Saver for $6.96, been using this since I got the bike last May with no problems at all. They didn't change this one, did they?

I use the chain saver about every 500 miles, been through almost 2 cans in about a year. Not too proud to say this, but I haven't cleaned the chain since I bought it and there seems to be no significant wear on the chain or sprocket (I put over 11,000 miles on the bike since May).

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using the Chain Saver version for about 2 years now and I think it's great stuff. That, in combination with the degreasing product has been my go-to for chain maintenance.

The degreaser is good for getting road tar and grime off of your rims too!

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Profi Dry Lube - Doesn't make much of a mess and is kind of see through!
Don't ask me if it's a better chain lube than others but I like it...

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
i used to just go to home depot and get that chain lube. now i have to hunt for it or get it online and pay for shipping. sucks. this is the worst day of my life.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have gotten it from Lowes for years. I assume it's still there. I will have to check and see if the old good stuff is still on the shelf. Thanks for all the information. :thumbup:

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG! I have been using DuPont Teflon spray for years. A few days ago I bought a new can and noticed it wasn't drying on the chain like usual. There was a puddle of the spray underneath my bike that wasn't normally there when I used it. I went on a ride a few hours after i lubed the chain and checked it when I got back. It wasnt tacky like usual, but completely dry. Sure enough I bought a can of the new crap. I am really not happy about this!!!

View attachment 42596

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG! I have been using DuPont Teflon spray for years. A few days ago I bought a new can and noticed it wasn't drying on the chain like usual. There was a puddle of the spray underneath my bike that wasn't normally there when I used it. I went on a ride a few hours after i lubed the chain and checked it when I got back. It wasnt tacky like usual, but completely dry. Sure enough I bought a can of the new crap. I am really not happy about this!!!

View attachment 42596

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe someone at the DuPont factory pushed a wrong button and labelled a ton of cans wrong?... So actually it's degreaser labelled as chain spray! :steve: