Dunstan Graphics Rim Tape

Reaction score
Visit site
Easy question:

-For those of you that have ordered the reflective rim tape from this seller, what is the proper quantity to order to cover both sides of both wheels? 1, 2, 4?
-What width works for you? I was looking at 6mm or 7mm.
Tried contacting the seller, but no response yet.

Here's the site

Thanks in advance guys!

(If you must know, 2009 Raven, thinking red, green, or white :thumbup:)

Last edited:

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I got reflective red stripes from Dustan that say YAMAHA FZ6 on them. They are easy enough to install as long as you TAKE YOUR TIME !!!

FZ6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
The qty tab on my receipt shows 1 so I would say that 1 should do it. Good luck and I can't stress enough TAKE YOUR TIME!!!

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I will. Might even use the soap water trick to help set it up straight.

Which width did you get, do you know?

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I honestly can't remember which width I got but I don't think there is a big difference.

A few tips I do remember:

Make sure the rim is cleaned thoroughly. Adhesives do not work well with Brake dust.

The outside of the rim is curved inward where the stripe will go. This causes a bit of a channel in the middle. As you are placing the strip LIGHTLY tap the strip onto the wheel so that it is just adhering to the outer edges leaving the channel in the middle. Tap the strip every inch or so. This will allow you to possibly move the strip if you absolutely have to (don't even bother unless it is really bad the tape is very fragile). Once it is where you want it just run your finger down the center of the strip from one end to the other. This will force all the air out through the channel as you go hopefully getting rid of all air bubbles.

I don't know if you read my thread that I linked to on an earlier post but DO NOT overlap the strips as shown on certain videos. There is just barely enough to go all the way around the wheel with the four strips leaving about half a cm left over.

I don't know if you have one of those bleacher seat things but that was the cats A$$ for this job. I was able to sit right down and be comfortable on the ground.

Good luck and let's see some pics when it's done.

kami

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you order the reflective tape ?if yes could you please tell me what color and width?
thanks,