Dude, where's my flasher?

S

sportrider

ok, I should know this but I don't. I looked in the service manual and it shows the turnsignal relay being in the leftside pod (#10 in the service manual) and its not. I want to replace the stock flasher with one to correct my led fast blink. they make one for the R1, I want to check the plug on mine to so if its the same, but I can't find it. someone has got to know.:confused:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok, I should know this but I don't. I looked in the service manual and it shows the turnsignal relay being in the leftside pod (#10 in the service manual) and its not. I want to replace the stock flasher with one to correct my led fast blink. they make one for the R1, I want to check the plug on mine to so if its the same, but I can't find it. someone has got to know.:confused:

Also Radio shack sells resistors and if you put a resistor inline with the power for the flasher then it will slow the blinking back down. Fully customizable blink rate :thumbup: and probably all for under $1 i would guess

S

sportrider

I'll go that route if the R1 flasher won't work. I just got to find the stinking thing first.
off hand on a resistor what is the ohms I would run?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll go that route if the R1 flasher won't work. I just got to find the stinking thing first.
off hand on a resistor what is the ohms I would run?

I am 98% sure it is a 1000 ohm resistor, i will go test the resistance on the stock fronts from my old bike and see what a light bulb tests at.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok, well the battery in my meter is dead so i can't test it tonight unless i head out to Wal-Mart which is 30 minutes away for a 9v battery, and i am sorry to say that is not happening tonight.

Maybe someone else knows for sure?

W

wrightme43

I am getting two ohms across the turn filament
and 3.5 across the parking filament

S

sportrider

thanks bros, so in theory I'd need 4 ohms resistance to get a normal flash rate right? I know boneman put a resistor inline for each light, would it work the same to just put a larger one inline of the flasher?

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wrightme43

something like that. I doubt 10ohms would change it much.
I found the flasher for someone once though, I think its on here, have you searched?

W

wrightme43

He found it not me. LOL I got bored and went to bed. At least thats what the thread said. LOL

J

jsteinb95

whoo hooo, ok I found my flasher and checked the plug, it matches the pic so I ordered my LED flasher tonight. poorwboy tipped me off about this place he said it works good on his R1. now the waiting game begins... here's a link to the part I ordered.
C LED Electronic Flasher Relay :: Lighting : Flushmounts : Tail Lights :: Kawasaki ZX-9r :: Kawasaki :: Manufacturers :: McCoy Motorsports

it matches the pic????? it doesn't say it's for an FZ6? oh Danny (sigh).......always livin on the edge. They sent it UPS so it should be pretty quick.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
whoo hooo, ok I found my flasher and checked the plug, it matches the pic so I ordered my LED flasher tonight. poorwboy tipped me off about this place he said it works good on his R1. now the waiting game begins... here's a link to the part I ordered.
C LED Electronic Flasher Relay :: Lighting : Flushmounts : Tail Lights :: Kawasaki ZX-9r :: Kawasaki :: Manufacturers :: McCoy Motorsports

let us know how it works, i will be doing some led lights and i am sure i will have the same issue

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it matches the pic????? it doesn't say it's for an FZ6? oh Danny (sigh).......always livin on the edge. They sent it UPS so it should be pretty quick.
Im sure if it don't fit. Danny can make use of it with his slowly acumilating RC helicopter stock pile lol.

S

sportrider

the picture of the plug is the same as the FZ6, the other yamahas all seem to share the same parts in the lighting department so I figure I'll be okay.

when I receive the flasher I'll make a quick before and after video and post it so you can see the result. I know I could've gone cheaper by using resistors in line but with this I don't have to cut the factory wiring any more then I already have just installing the aftermarket lights.;)

P.S. I might make the video Pay Per View hahahahahaha:justkidding:

W

wrightme43

A flasher is pretty much a flasher. The one kind that we kept in stock at three different trucking companies fit then all except I think International which suck monkey balls and should be burnt.