Dual Sport Helmet

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested in getting a new helmet. I have a Vega that works fine until I hit rain. While, I don't ride intentionally in the rain, rain happens. So, I'm looking for something that will be water tight and I'm leaning more towards the dual-sport look. For some reason the helmet reviews and descriptions don't list if they will keep your face and head dry.

Do you have any suggestions of a brand/model that will work. It doesn't HAVE to be dual sport but that is how I'm leaning.

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW, my schoei (qwest) is completely rainproof, even in the worst sustained rain, strangely enough even with the top vent open. Not even slightly dual sport, but all day comfy and with pinlock standard.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure I follow your chain of thought. A dualsport helmet is designed to be used with goggles, nothing water proof about that. Perhaps you are thinking of some of the new ds helmets that have a built in visor but I doubt they are rain proof.

I never had any of my street Shoei helmets leak but water can get in behind the visor when I have to crack it open due to the fogging issues in the rain

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the dual sports I have been looking at have a built in shield that you can remove if you use with goggles. i suppose they may just figure you understand it will leak then :spank:

I wasn't sure so I thought I would throw it out there. Any other suggestions for water proof helmets to go with Shoei? Other than mortgage my kidney Arai?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Are those helmets not a nightmare if you ever ride at highish speed?

It seems that the visor would create a lot of drag, i don't see it being a problem at off roading speeds, but on a street bike it could be a problem!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know you were looking for a dual sport, but FYI I have a Shoei Neotec (flip up) , but this leaks in the rain when the vents are open. My previous helmet (Nolan 101) never leaked, even with all vents wide open. I find this the biggest draw back of the Neotec, as I use it for my daily ride (which is often wet) :(.