Dropped the bike, need inner fairing :(

Mark_JT

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys

I'm looking to sell my bike - I've never had so much as a boot scuff on the thing since I've had it. Today I spent ages washing it, but as I was wheeling it back into the garden I dropped the damn thing!!

It landed on a plant pot (weird I know) and the only part that's cracked is the inner right fairing. I suppose I should count myself lucky!

I've searched about and found out that it's part number 5VX-2836L-10-00, but I can't find where to order it in the UK and where to choose what colour to get it in.

Does anyone have any information on this? I'm so annoyed at myself!

I've attached a picture of the damage - I suppose it could have been a lot worse!

Mark

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! That will be pricey. Not worth spending the money for a new part if you're selling it and all used ones will be broken too. Try reinforcing it from the inside with fibreglass and filling the cracks and then painting. Much more cost effective. Or use mesh and liquid metal epoxy if you're not confident with fibre-glass.

Mark_JT

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's a different part number in the UK/EU - 4S8-2836M-00

Click through to the parts catalogue from here Flitwick motorcyclesYamaha dealers in Bedfordshire United Kingdom for Motorcycle sales, servicing, parts clothing and accessories. and I searched under FZ6-SAHG FAZER to find what looks like the same part.

Though I looked under the black bike, as that's mine, just clocked yours is a different colour :D

Thank you so much for your time looking into this!! I think though that the part you mentioned might be different - mine is the 2006 fz6, is that what you have? I'm really not clued up on this stuff, but mine definitely has the cut-out for the headlight sockets.

It looks exactly like this: DSCN0622.jpg Photo by yonkazkiller1024 | Photobucket

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
You'll be able to search for your exact model with that online parts catalogue. Sorry I searched a 2008 model.