Dropped my baby, broke the left footrest clean off. Some help on getting the pin out?

shpanky

Reaction score
Visit site
I dropped my poor '07 FZ6 last Friday and broke off the footrest right under where the pin attaches through the holes that keep it on the bike. This means I have the pin stuck on the bike with a tiny piece of the footrest still attached. How do I remove this? I've already ordered a replacement footrest with pin (just in case I might have bent it). It looks like there's a little piece of metal at the bottom that slides in to ensure that the pin doesn't come undone. How do I (safely) replace this? Thanks so much for your help!!

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear, but thankfully, it's pretty easy. Just use one pair of pliers to hold the pin to keep it from spinning, and another pair to straighten the two pin arms so you can pull it straight out. Then just use the same one when you install the new peg. Just remember to bend the pin arms back to keep it from falling out. haha

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
thats bad to hear, i did that once and the footpeg sheared off as well. the footpeg assembly is bolted by two large allen bolts to the frame and thats it, as for the pin follow the instructions given above. don t forget to undo the gear linkage rod or the rear brake components (depending which peg you broke)