Drift HD First Test

Video is still being processed....

Who does your hair! :rof:

Its up!

McVities :)

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/McVities-Rich-Tea-Biscuits-300g/dp/B004Z4PK66"]McVities Rich Tea Biscuits 300g: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery[/ame]

:) Buy anything on amazon nowadays

Last edited:
quality is TERRIBLE. Stick with Contour or GoPro

Not sure whats happened during the upload to you-tube but the quality of the original video has been lost somewhat. Will have another go with a slightly later clip. In defence of the Drift HD, it was a very low sun late evening when I went out which didn't help the exposure, will be trying again this weekend (weather permitting) and hope to get a clip on mic by then. Going to adjust the camera position slightly and have a look through the menu's for exposure compensation options.

I enjoyed the video. That little bridge is cool. I was wondering what that stop light before the bridge was for, then saw it was one way, either way. Neat thing is we can share culture and experiences almost instantly today. The video quality is better than my 1st gen GoPro and sometimes quality does suffer in transition. Is your uploading in the same format as it comes off your camera or do you convert it?

When you first hit the road, I freaked a little cuz us Yanks are right side O da road. I might crash if I had to drive there or in Oz.

Thanks for the video! :D

Uploading a 2nd test video at the moment, will link to when it's up.

Did a comparison of the original video against the compiled version from sony vegas 10 and it appears to affect the quality so i need to look at the encoding settings. Been using the internet 720p sony avchd codec, might try a basic avc codec and see how that come out. Going to be a learning process so please bare with me :)

Looks good to me, I've watched all the this vs that and yes the GoPro has a little better quality, but not by much, and it depends on what was used to compress and render the video for uploading to YouTube. I have the Drift HD170 and just got the Drift HD and have had lots of success with the 170. Haven't had a chance to use the new one on the bike yet but should get the same results as with the original.
What sold me on the Drift was the built in LCD, remote and ability to use a islolated mic and now with a standard plug even better.
What ever cam you chose just go and shoot vids and have fun:thumbup:

Jerry

drift hd 1 - YouTube

2nd video link now up, should be viewable soon.

Really interesting road markings! Differs a lot from here. You guys have different squiggly lines than mean different things. I like the areas your riding.

Thanks for sharing.

Here's a poor resolution vid from my old GoPro. Now this quality was pretty bad but hey....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCrO47N1Xpw&list=UUT01b7i_GF9H9-u9N9e22AQ&index=9&feature=plcp]Powell near miss - YouTube[/ame]

i was watching but did not read where you are from and saw a car coming on the other side of the road i started to cringe and yell for you to get over hahahahahahaha lmfao looks good to me full screen starts to get pixilated but the window is fine for me.

Back