drag bars

rdabernig41

Reaction score
Visit site
i want to have a lower riding position on my fz6 and im thinking about putting drag bars on it. are there any cons about having these? where can i buy them from and what size do i order? when i was looking they didnt have them for the fz6, they wanted to know what thinkness and length and all that stuff was and i have no clue. lastly is this mod worth it?

I have a set of bikemaster 7/8 drag bars on my 06... And I love them! A little more pressure on the wrists, but not too bad. There are only two fitting problems that I have noticed: 1) In full turn, the clutch and brake levers hit the boot around the mirrors, and 2) the controls have to be turned upwards a little to avoid hitting the tank. Other than those two problems, it was a great $26 (bar and bar ends) (not threaded) investment. Hopefully this helps you a little.

I have the bikemaster's as well Bikemaster Drag Bar Handlebar - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
$18 :) and I went naked so I put Bar End Mirrors KTM Hi-Quality & Design 7/8" or 1": eBay Motors (item 170509063678 end time Aug-03-10 19:33:42 PDT) these on and love the bars and the mirrors...
The mirrors have no vibrations at all and good viewing size IMO..
and yes I had to turn my controls down to get it to clear the tank..there is only a couple mm between them and the tank but just enough so they don't hit...
But it is deffinetly a different riding position and takes some getting used to..at least for me anyway..

Back