2. Press “SELECT” & “RESET” at the same time for at least two seconds

3. When the Hour digit starts flashing, press the RESET button to set the hours

4. Push the SELECT button and the minutes start flashing

5. Push the RESET button to set the minutes

6. Push the SELECT button and release it to start the clock

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Am I the only one who didn't know that you can also get a temp gage to show up? Holding reset down will change the clock to a temp readout.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
The temp readout is from the airbox. It will read quite a bit higher than ambient temperature. Pretty useless, I've found. I never change it out of clock mode.

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
The temp readout is from the airbox. It will read quite a bit higher than ambient temperature. Pretty useless, I've found. I never change it out of clock mode.

Yea, I guess I forgot to mention that. I was out riding the other day and it was trying to tell me the temp was 60 when it was in the high 40's at best :eek:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the temp thing by accident the other week, do you hold reset when setting the clock, or on the odometer? It seems to revert back once you turn the bike off anyway.

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the temp thing by accident the other week, do you hold reset when setting the clock, or on the odometer? It seems to revert back once you turn the bike off anyway.

Yes, it does turn back to the clock once you shut the bike off.

You hold reset and select when setting the clock.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site

Ah, that's where that comes from. I was doing my clock the other day (we fall back a week or two earlier in the UK) and came across it. I thought, "There's no way anything on this bike is 20DegC." It'd been running for an hour, so all the coolant/oil/exhaust temps were well up and the ambient was so cold that I was straddling the front wheel of the bike and leaning over the tank from the front while I was fuelling, to get the most of the heat off the radiator while I was there! Lol