Dominators

Lagerhead

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys,

New to the forum. Just a quick question, How bright are the Dominator headlights compared to the stock ones? Also, how difficult is the installation? Does it require any major modifications?

Thanks,
Lagerhead

Lagerhead

Reaction score
Visit site
So, after searching through the forum i see that at the dominators are brighter than stock. Only thing thing i still don't know is if they are "plug and play" or is there a lot of splicing, cutting and extending.
Also, how are you mounting the speedo? I have a round gauge.

Lagerhead

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I had dominators on my bike when I got it -- the speedometer was mounted in the handlebars (it looks like it might have been drilled and tapped?) -- I can post a more specific picture for you if it would help.

Lagerhead

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, that would be helpful, and if you don't mind, a picture of the dominators wired in. This should probably clarify some things for me.

Lagerhead

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had twin dominator setup on my bike. Technically, you can plug it right in, if you have dual headlight mod done (you basically need a 3-prong plug which has all the wires connected).
The problem is the bulky connectors. I couldn't find a good place to hide it, so I ended up cutting quite a bit of stock harness off and the rest I tucked into the frame.
Light output is excellent if you put quality bulbs in (I used Sylvania Silverstars). Biggest advantage is the wide light patter which allows you to see into turns at night.
As for speedometer, you will need to come up with a bracket. If your bike is 07 or newer, LeaN69 made a great bracket for the speedo. If your bike is 04-06, you will need to make your own.

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have a pic of the speedo mounted, but here are the bolts where it did mount. The bracket I have used the stock screws and was bent so it folded over the handlebars.

2011-10-30%25252023.05.24.jpg

Agreed w/ Erci -- there is a lot of wiring that seems to get leftover and the previous installation DID NOT have the dual headlight mod, so light output was terrible (I didn't worry about it, I was switching set ups anyways).

Here is the bike w/ the headlights on it:

24955_10150185044885201_861250200_12135565_1818477_n.jpg