does yours stutter a bit?

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
hey guys, my bikes quite new to be still and i'm still getting used to it, but i wanted to get an idea if your bikes when accelerating and decellerating kind of 'chug' a little...

hard to explain, but imagine your accellerating, is it a straight up WAAAAAAAAAAAA through the revs or does it go WAWAWAWAWAWAWA

still relatively smooth, just not as smooth as a car

i've not owned a 4cyl bike before so curious how its supposed to be, my previous vtwin chugged like there was no tomorrow...

thoughts?

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys, my bikes quite new to be still and i'm still getting used to it, but i wanted to get an idea if your bikes when accelerating and decellerating kind of 'chug' a little...

hard to explain, but imagine your accellerating, is it a straight up WAAAAAAAAAAAA through the revs or does it go WAWAWAWAWAWAWA

still relatively smooth, just not as smooth as a car

i've not owned a 4cyl bike before so curious how its supposed to be, my previous vtwin chugged like there was no tomorrow...

thoughts?

Is the bike warm or cold ???? They will "chug" a little bit if they are not up to operating temp or if the bottom bar of the temperature gauge is still flashing....Suggest letting her warm up a little bit before kicking her in the rear :D

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
definately warm, i expect it when cold

it could be that i'm not high enough through the revs to be accellerating (ie, should knock it back a gear) but i'm still a little fearful of the front coming up if i give it a big wrist-full

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
definately warm, i expect it when cold

it could be that i'm not high enough through the revs to be accellerating (ie, should knock it back a gear) but i'm still a little fearful of the front coming up if i give it a big wrist-full

Yeah if you are letting her labour a bit she will chug badly , drop it back a gear and unless your a featherweight to front wont pop up that easy :thumbup:....If it does then just stiffen the rear spring setting up and it'll stop it....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
where does your bike idle? if it is below 1100 rpms then you can have it set too low and the throttle response will be delayed.