Does colour mater?

H

HavBlue

Agree with HavBlue and Ped, the "my-color-is-faster" is simply a joke about as fresh as Emeril's "then-we-add-some-garlic" schtick. :Flip:
BUT, talk to any convertible owner, and they'll tell you about the cops' preference for RED vehicles... ;)

Come on Botch, it isn't the red cage, it's the blonde that's driving and you know it......

H

HavBlue

Heres a link to Yamaha europe. Its a comparason between the two bikes.

Motorcycle Comparison Details

Based on the spec sheet, the combustion chambers are the same in either. Based on the rated output I would have to say the run profile, cam profile and induction system have got to be way different. Note how the max output is down 500 rpm as well. This is interesting as it would actually cost Yamaha more to do this as opposed to offering one engine management system and internal parts.

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have absolutely no idea where I could get hold of the VIN. I read a test in a greek mag some months ago regarding the FZ6 with 78hp. I'll take a look at it (if I can find the mag) to see what it says about the differences...This thread is getting a little bit ridicules right?

W

wrightme43

No your fine, the thread is fine, You have a question that needs answered. We thought you were playing along with our dumb joke at first.

The VIN (vehicle identification number) is stamped on the steering head. It is also on your title.

Doesnt large portions of Europe have graduated licsensing? I know Japan does. I think that is part of the seperate horsepower settings.

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No your fine, the thread is fine, You have a question that needs answered. We thought you were playing along with our dumb joke at first.

The VIN (vehicle identification number) is stamped on the steering head. It is also on your title.

Doesnt large portions of Europe have graduated licsensing? I know Japan does. I think that is part of the seperate horsepower settings.

No.No joke. Graduated licsensing?What is that?I probably know the term in greek and since Greece is in the EU we probably have it.

H

HavBlue

No.No joke. Graduated licsensing?What is that?I probably know the term in greek and since Greece is in the EU we probably have it.

Graduated licensing would require a rider to start with say under 250cc and then move up to say 500cc after they have achieved a certain level of experience. This would never fly in the US but it has been my understanding it has been this way in the EU nations for quite a while.

W

wrightme43

Yes very close. You can start with a 1400cc bike, but it has to be tuned to produce under 30? 28? hp. Then it can go to 75? Then unlimited? In Japan its done with Cubic Centimeters displacement. Let me go check.

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, here in Greece at the age of 16 you can get a liscence for a bike up to 50cc. At 18 the skys the limit. What ever you want.And it doesn't matter if your 50 and never riden a bike in your life. You can start with a R1...

W

wrightme43

And now we know why rules are for fools because only a fool would start with the likes of an R1....

ON that note LOL

I look out my door one day this spring. I see WOW a R1 at my methhead neighbors house. (they will catch him soon the sherrifs deputies all know, its another great story) I look and I think somethings wrong. What is it? I go look there is not a front on the bike. The kid (18) wrecked it the day he got it. No helmet, no gear, no nothing. Was asking me about how to get a fairing from ebay.
Anyway, I am all geared up, and ride off. I ride faster than traffic, but not too crazy. He has to chase me down and blow by me. I mean I left a ways before he did. I have not seen him since. I assume he either sold the bike, or is dead, or a vegi type dude, or just wrecked it enough to never ride again.

I was talking to a guy tonight. Less than 800 miles on his first bike a 06 r-6 and now he wants to sell it and get a r-1. I dont understand. Maybe I am just a really really slow learner. I know I need LOTS more riding practice to be anywhere near the limits of my bike at will. I just smile and nod, thats really all I can do for folk like that.

S

sportrider

What do you mean,you don't pass me in the corners and mine is blue. LOL :Flip:
I don't pass you in corners because your lines have the accuracy of a scatter gun and I never know which way your going to go :Flip: LOL

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't get me wrong. Anyone starting off with a R1 is a fool. This is what I was trying to say.That the laws here are just plain stupid. Or maybe just so outdated. And worst of all the drivers are so obnoxious to bikes. So dangerous. This is why I stopped riding a bike for 7 years.

W

wrightme43

Don't get me wrong. Anyone starting off with a R1 is a fool. This is what I was trying to say.That the laws here are just plain stupid. Or maybe just so outdated. And worst of all the drivers are so obnoxious to bikes. So dangerous. This is why I stopped riding a bike for 7 years.

Nobody thought you were recomending the R1 as a first bike. I was just telling you about other people I know that think its a great idea. LOL
I wish I know answer to your question but I dont for sure.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
look at it this way, the blue is a cool color, calm relaxing and mello. The RED is AKA as a problem color cause for insurace prpose people want that color over any othe, another way to look at it is, what is the color of LAVA, RED, so what does that mean. When a volcano erups what is the color of lava......RED because as it flows through everything there is nothing that can stop it and it travels so fast that it is unstopable,hence RED is the faster color.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
look at it this way, the blue is a cool color, calm relaxing and mello. The RED is AKA as a problem color cause for insurace prpose people want that color over any othe, another way to look at it is, what is the color of LAVA, RED, so what does that mean. When a volcano erups what is the color of lava......RED because as it flows through everything there is nothing that can stop it and it travels so fast that it is unstopable,hence RED is the faster color.

And when the lava gets COOL,it turns BLACK :thumbup: