Does colour mater?

H

HavBlue

to answer the original question...no. its a long running and quite worn out joke.

It is ???? Only in Cincinnati. The further south you go the faster blue gets......Snicker Snicker....

H

HavBlue

That's an interesting thought. Based on wavelength theory, smaller wavelengths travel faster than larger ones. In the color spectrum, the blue is the smallest next to voilet, while red is the largest wavelength. Therefore, one could conclude that the blue is faster......, visibly, obviously :thumbup:

BINGO!!!! Give that rider a prize........

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the 08 white one with the red stripe.

2008-FZ6-S2-ABS-static-01_prv_tcm46-207232.jpg

I thought you had more sense. Bikes & strong Jamaican Lager don't mix :Sport:

S

sportrider

to answer the original question...no. its a long running and quite worn out joke.
it's only a tired joke if your on one of the slower blue ones...:Flip:

...and Blue does Rock!!! us red riders love the blue bikes there always good to use as a brake marker as I go around them entering a corner!!!:D

H

HavBlue

...and Blue does Rock!!! us red riders love the blue bikes there always good to use as a brake marker as I go around them entering a corner!!!:D

And over the side too.......The only thing red will ever be faster at is melting down and getting tickets.....

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys, so my english is not perfect. What I meant was , Maybe the red comes out only as 100 hp S2 version in the states, and maybe the blue one only comes out with 78hp and so on.

:mad:

W

wrightme43

In the states its full power whatever color. As far as I know color does not matter in relation to horsepower.

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site

What do you mean,you dont pass me in the corners and mine is blue. LOL :Flip:

H

HavBlue

Ok guys, so my english is not perfect. What I meant was , Maybe the red comes out only as 100 hp S2 version in the states, and maybe the blue one only comes out with 78hp and so on.

:mad:

Your English is fine. The original 2004 bike that came to the US was rated at 98hp and actually had 92.8 at the rear wheel. This was all that was offered. Color has no bearing on the rated output. However, the specific model could easily have different specs. I do however find it odd in terms relative to the 78hp rating. If in fact they are using the same engine, the induction system, run profile and all sorts of things would have to be different as they have reduced the output by roughly 17% and that is huge.....

H

HavBlue

I don't know why but here in Greece in comes out in two versions. The first picture is the the one with 78HP and the second the 98HP. I.m not sure about the exact differences.

View attachment 1386

View attachment 1387

First off, these are not the same bike. One has the early swing arm and the other is a 07 and up. The same holds true for the seat. If you can get the first six digits in the VIN for each model we can get to the bottom of this very quick...

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agree with HavBlue and Ped, the "my-color-is-faster" is simply a joke about as fresh as Emeril's "then-we-add-some-garlic" schtick. :Flip:
BUT, talk to any convertible owner, and they'll tell you about the cops' preference for RED vehicles... ;)