Does anyone have these?

Brian_N

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for a pair of riding shoes that I could wear during the day without needing to bring "street" shoes.

Watched some reviews and ordered these:
tcx_boots_X-Street_WP_detail_1_600.jpg

Anybody have em'?

Experiences?

If so, can you keep the laces from catching your controls easily?

Thanks!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally don't like the lack of armour, nor the low-cut length. (offers no ankle support)

But each to his own.

Cheers,
Rick

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Hi Brian,

I've never ridden with those particular shoes (notice I didn't call them boots), but for what you'll probably spend on those (135 bucks), I'd recommend getting a pair of actual riding boots that come with shin protection and don't have laces. In a serious off, those shoes would probably fly right off your feet and not provide much protection. No matter what you do to try to secure those laces, they are going to become a problem by getting snagged on controls...not to mention laces suck at keeping shoes on your feet during a crash.
There are many riding boots that will provide much better protection and still look like regular shoes under pants.

Here are a few examples:

Alpinestars Net Air Boots :: MotorcycleGear.com

I ride in these and they're really comfortable:

Alpinestars Roam Waterproof Boots - 2011 :: MotorcycleGear.com

Just my .02

-Armystrong

eh89

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought these for the same reason:
Shift Racing Kicker Shoes - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
Its short ride to school but I wanted something comfortable to wear walking around without carrying an extra set of casual shoes. Any other time I have my boots on, but if I am doing more walking than riding I switch it up. I've had them for two years now and am just as happy with them now as when I bought them. They offer protection and comfort and serve their purpose well. Hopefully the ones you bought will work out.

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered these and should be waiting at my doorstep once I get home. Will write up a detailed review later

305 ESO T.T. Black

read good things about this make at webbikeworld and thought i would give them a shot. Prior to these, I was considering AlpineStars ST Vented.

Brian_N

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought these for the same reason:
Shift Racing Kicker Shoes - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
Its short ride to school but I wanted something comfortable to wear walking around without carrying an extra set of casual shoes. Any other time I have my boots on, but if I am doing more walking than riding I switch it up. I've had them for two years now and am just as happy with them now as when I bought them. They offer protection and comfort and serve their purpose well. Hopefully the ones you bought will work out.

those are pretty cool bro. how'r they workin' out? i know that you answered that question generally above but specifically, do you find yourself using them often and finding your feet sufficiently protected within' their designed context?

Last edited:

t0Mb

Reaction score
Visit site
I have these boots/shoes. I will start off saying i have never worn a "proper" riding boot, so i don't know how they compare. They are a little ugly in person, and because people don't know they are riding boots you end up looking a little unfashionable. At least when wearing proper boots people know whats up...

But the shoes are comfortable and decent to walk about in, maybe a little clunky. The protection seems decent, ankle protector with reinforced toe area, the whole shoe is pretty sturdy. I rode all day in the pouring rain and my feet stayed bone dry so no problems with water proofing, I've had them almost 3 months now and they wearing well, no problems with build quality.

Overall I like them, but not blown away with them. They are very practical because you don't have to walk around like a space man every time you go somewhere (and personally that makes me wear my safety gear more often).

Hi Brian,

I've never ridden with those particular shoes (notice I didn't call them boots), but for what you'll probably spend on those (135 bucks), I'd recommend getting a pair of actual riding boots that come with shin protection and don't have laces. In a serious off, those shoes would probably fly right off your feet and not provide much protection. No matter what you do to try to secure those laces, they are going to become a problem by getting snagged on controls...not to mention laces suck at keeping shoes on your feet during a crash.
There are many riding boots that will provide much better protection and still look like regular shoes under pants.

Here are a few examples:

Alpinestars Net Air Boots :: MotorcycleGear.com

I ride in these and they're really comfortable:

Alpinestars Roam Waterproof Boots - 2011 :: MotorcycleGear.com

Just my .02

-Armystrong

I have had no problems with laces snagging on clutch leaver etc... If the shoe fits properly and is correctly laced they are very secure, I honestly don't think they will come off in a crash.

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These are what I have: