Does anybody recommend Tire Trim Road hazard plans when buying new bike ?

supeman29

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys

I am buying my new 07 fz6 today and wanted to see if you would recommend gettimg tire and trim road hazard plan to cover for flats and tire damage and roadside asistance ?

Thanks. appreciate the help

Bryan

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not one to buy into warrantys but the way my salesperson explained it to me: if you get a flat on the road you just call the # and they will come and get you for free and get free new tire or wheel if needed for no cost to you. I liked that idea. The other thing he told me was to make sure I pick up a nail when my tires start getting warn. this will ensure you get your money out of the warranty. I bought into a five year plan which got me a better percentage rate on my loan, not to mention I shouldn't ever have to buy new tires for at least the next 5 years. Just my 2 cents..:D

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
...The other thing he told me was to make sure I pick up a nail when my tires start getting warn.

I think that would apply only if the tire was worn to less than a percentage value, like if it were worn to < 25% they would replace it. Otherwise they would pro-rate the tire. Best to read the fine print.

Personally, I don't like participating in such shenanigan's and for tires that last a season or two, I don't feel tire insurance is worth it.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Already had a nail in my tire (thought it was getting squishy!), so the protection plan is about $50 short of paying for itself.
I made the mistake of getting an "all weather" Dunlop put back on there rather than the stickier tire (forgot the brand) that they offered.
I can honestly say the thought of another nail had not yet crossed my mind, but I think I know where I can pick one up at..... legitimetly! Might require a few passes up and down the road though.....