Do you use your helmet bag??

Do you use a helmet bag?

• Yes

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 67 54.5%
  • Yes, but not for the helmet. It's a lunch bag.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • What's a helmet bag?

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, let's poll it up. I use my helmet bag all the time, even when I store the helmet in my top case. Maybe I'm being a little too cautious?

I do the same.

I always put the helmet in the bag when it is not on my head!

Helmets are expensive and I like to take care of my stuff.:thumbup:

Last edited:
I said yes but I don't use it all the time. I wear it most days so it's out of the bag inside the house. I put it in the bag all winter though.

I have several bags, so one is used to keep the helmet from scratches when it's stored. The others are used to carry various stuff. I even use one on the job to carry wires and equipment.

I'm guessing the helmet bag users are more likely to have cell phone cases and ipod covers. Nothing wrong with that - just personal preference. I'm all about function over form. I appreciate the lived in look. Consider the motorcycle itself. A shiny bike may look great, but it doesn't tell a story.

Put a perfect, gleaming R1 next to a beat to hell GS with scarred panniers and scratched, faded paint and my eyes go to the latter every time.

And back to helmets - mine takes much more abuse on the road than it ever does sitting at home. If I used the bag to protect it from real world scratches and chips it would be a serious impairment of vision. :eek:

I'm guessing the helmet bag users are more likely to have cell phone cases and ipod covers. Nothing wrong with that - just personal preference. I'm all about function over form. I appreciate the lived in look. Consider the motorcycle itself. A shiny bike may look great, but it doesn't tell a story.

Put a perfect, gleaming R1 next to a beat to hell GS with scarred panniers and scratched, faded paint and my eyes go to the latter every time.

And back to helmets - mine takes much more abuse on the road than it ever does sitting at home. If I used the bag to protect it from real world scratches and chips it would be a serious impairment of vision. :eek:

+1 to that, I ride around with the scars on my bike proudly. I always pull up next to people in cars or other bikes and watch them look at my tank dent and then look at me and I just smile and give em a nod. I'll get it fixed eventually because of resale value but for now i'm perfectly happy.

I don't really use it at all. I have a special place I put it right over my desk on the top shelf that is only designated for my dark smoke visor, helmet, and gloves. Everything else goes in the closet. Makes it a lot simpler to get to.

Yes I use my helmet bag, it's my own little storage bag.

After I ride to work, it holds my gloves, helmet, and riding pants.

Of course the no-brainer is it also keeps the LID in great shape.

My Shoei bag is great because it's plenty big and very handy.

I said yes but I don't use it all the time. I wear it most days so it's out of the bag inside the house. I put it in the bag all winter though.

i do the same, bag it and hang it for winter storage, or somethimes like when we went on vacatin and trailer'd the bike the helmet went in the bag for transport so i wasent being beat up all the time.

yes I use my helmet, and don't call me bag!

I keep my raingear in my helmet bag. just so it's in one spot when i need it, i grab it and throw it in my tankbag.

I tried using my helmet bag to keep my helmet nice when I first bought it, but I couldn't see sh!t. I only used it for a couple of days, then got rid of it.

i do the same, bag it and hang it for winter storage, or somethimes like when we went on vacatin and trailer'd the bike the helmet went in the bag for transport so i wasent being beat up all the time.

What's this "winter storage" notion you guys are talkin' about..?

While my helmet came with a bag, I never use it. I think it's somewhere around the house holding something completely unrelated to motorcycles or helmets.

If my helmet's not on my head it's either on a shelf, in my hand, or in the givi. I just don't want to hassle with putting it in a bag.

i use it, for a helmet even, but not my "Active" one, it is on my backup helmet that i hold onto in case anything happens to my current helmet :)

I use my helmet bag everytime i come back from a ride...helmet goes straight back into it.....

:thumbup:

i use my helmet bag....keep the spare in it. and it's got a handy string so i can toss it over my shoulder when i head across town to pick up the g/f for a ride.

I plan on using them when I am gone for a long time..ie deployment, but I ride at least once a day, so I don't use them really...I guess I could put my older helmet in it's bag.

I think I have the rain liners for my jackets and pants stored in the Shoei helmet bag, and I'm not sure where the Fox dirt helmet bag is.

My helmet goes safely under my desk when at work and on my dresser when I get home. I clean it and the visor on a regular basis and it still looks new, but hasn't been inside the bag since the first time I wore it.

Back