• Only if I am riding for a while

Votes: 57 27.8%
  • Never

Votes: 62 30.2%

• Total voters

blalex624

Reaction score
Visit site
I know it makes it so you cant feel your surroundings but for a couple hours or even more, i need to have something extra to entertain my mind so i dont spot something shiny in the distance, get distracted, and lay the bike down. I get distracted easily if its for a long period of time.

jacobmcfryer

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't ride without music! My scorpion helmet is so loud that I have too...
Some Bon Iver while on a ride makes everything so nice.

blalex624

Reaction score
Visit site
my Vega Altura is the same way, I was thinking about upgrading to that Vega V-tune so i wouldnt even have to use any annoying wires either

A long ride on the fizzer with no music is like a brand new LED Flat screen TV with no remote!

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't ride without music! My scorpion helmet is so loud that I have too...
Some Bon Iver while on a ride makes everything so nice.

i have the scorpion exo1000 and its pretty loud but that just means the music has to be even louder. i like to be able to hear a potential hazard coming up on me.

i never listen to music while riding, the only thing i use to keep myself entertained is the bike itself.... until i get the scala rider system this summer, so for longer rides ill have somebody to talk to.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
If youre turning up the music to hear it over the wind youre doing it wrong. Not only destroying your ears but risking ur life in traffic. Get some earplug type headphones. Er-6 is the best one i used so far. Blocks the wind noise completely so i can listen to my fav hits in a calm environment. Im much more focused with music so I listen to music all the time when i ride. If i feel like some quiet time during the ride, i just turn down the iphone over my pocket. Then the earbuds act just like earplugs. I use the foam ones that come in the kit.

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
"Only if I'm riding for a while" is the only one that kinda fits my music listening habits. "almost always" isn't even close and traffic doesn't have anything to do with it either though I do turn the volume down a bit in town. I use a bottom shelf bluetooth/intercom setup that lets me pair phone and ipod at the same time so that I can listen to music and it pauses for (rare) phone calls. My bud has the same one and we BS while riding together.
These things were $60 for the pair ($45 each if bought separately) they allow 3 units to be linked and have about 200yd range.
500m helmet bluetooth BIM bluetooth interphone products, buy 500m helmet bluetooth BIM bluetooth interphone products from alibaba.com

For 5.5X the price :eek: (4 of the cheap ones will set you back $120) you can get 4 of these and all 4 of you can talk......
Cardo G4 PowerSet Intercom Kit (2 Complete Units)

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"Only if I'm riding for a while" is the only one that kinda fits my music listening habits. "almost always" isn't even close and traffic doesn't have anything to do with it either though I do turn the volume down a bit in town. I use a bottom shelf bluetooth/intercom setup that lets me pair phone and ipod at the same time so that I can listen to music and it pauses for (rare) phone calls. My bud has the same one and we BS while riding together.
These things were $60 for the pair ($45 each if bought separately) they allow 3 units to be linked and have about 200yd range.
500m helmet bluetooth BIM bluetooth interphone products, buy 500m helmet bluetooth BIM bluetooth interphone products from alibaba.com

For 5.5X the price :eek: (4 of the cheap ones will set you back $120) you can get 4 of these and all 4 of you can talk......
Cardo G4 PowerSet Intercom Kit (2 Complete Units)

Look like the same set I have. The earpieces aren't great, but if you get them positioned right, you can definitely get the music over the wind/exhaust.

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Almost always, I just installed a Garmin Zumo 550. It has a blue tooth, MP3 and a sat radio. It's pretty nice to be able to take phone calls when ridding around and to listen to music too. When spring comes I'll turn on the sat radio for a few months. All in all the Garmin with a Autocom works out to be a pretty good system.

Doc

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We have Sena SMH-10 - fantastic. Sometimes I listen to music. Sometimes I chat to my hubby. What I don't do is take phone calls while I'm on the bike. Mike does, but I don't like doing that.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
yea, if I can get a good seal with my earbuds I can block out the wind of the exo 700 and not go braindead from boredom.....too bad my arai isnt up to par anymore, that was sooo quiet and comfy :/

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Either music (if riding solo) or the intercom (if riding with my friend).

When I have the music on, is not too loud, is more like background.

By the way, last weekend I tested the group chat feature of the Sena SMH-10, three people talking full duplex at the same time. It's part of the latest firmware upgrade.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Almost always,sometimes I listen to the radio on the way to work in the mornings for the traffic reports(scarla Q2):thumbup:

William

Reaction score
Visit site
Rarely, but for that I have a Cardo ScalaRider Q2 for radio, mp3, gps and bike2bike. On longer, highway trips I actually prefer no music and just wear my hearos xtremes.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
If I could be bothered getting the ear plugs in, turning the ipod on, putting in the jacket, tucking in the wires. So if it's a decent trip of 30km or more to make it worth it.

And I don't listen to peoples claims of "not being able to hear the surroundings". I can't over the wind noise, exhaust noise and ear plugs anyway. And I definately can't through the windows and music in my car.

mopardoc

Reaction score
Visit site
All the time. I have the J&M system so I can communicate with other riders and connect my IPOD to it. I have not had a problem hearing in the city. I dont feel it is a distraction.

Last edited: