Do you buy matching tires?

Do you get matching sets of tires?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Only been on for 2 days mate,but feels completely different !

Thanks for your advice on them :thumbup:

It was a big moent for me when i found out you were getting a new rear tyre!!! did you suffer any seperation anxiety when they took the old tyre off???

;)

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was a big moent for me when i found out you were getting a new rear tyre!!! did you suffer any seperation anxiety when they took the old tyre off???

;)

LMAO,it was sad,we had been together since the start,but alas nothing last forever.As I was about to ride away I lingered for a moment that felt like an eternity and gazed at her worn out form lying there,then rode away,never too look back.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO,it was sad,we had been together since the start,but alas nothing last forever.As I was about to ride away I lingered for a moment that felt like an eternity and gazed at her worn out form lying there,then rode away,never too look back.

just how many k's was it on that one rear tyre????

:rockon:

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine are missmatched as of right now. Stock front dunlop Road Smart on the back. will be home first week of may and its getting a front road smart..... I like to keep them matched. Water is a big thing if the treads are different then you can hydro. Not saying you will but you stand a better chance.... Dealer cost is always great!!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
B

bluenova

Judging by the responses your question is misleading. I think you mean 'do you always replace front and back at the same time', where as people seem to be replying about having different makes on at the same time.

For me, the only time front and back as the same age is when I buy a new bike. As for mixing brands/models, I have done it, but will always try to keep the same type front and back.

bugsterkiton

Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer to match them (Pilot Road 2CT rear and front)due to their specific build. I hardly ride "full open throttle" and the most part of my mileage is to commute (under the wet belgian weather). ;)

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have only bought one tire so far and it was the rear. they are different brands the front is a dunlop and the back is a continental. i will be getting some shinko tires soon though front an back

Not to be argumentative, since tire choices are personal.

There are shinko's on my sons bike, a 250 Hyosung GTR, and while they seem fine for normal riding, they feel a little squirrelly to me in a fast corner or curve. I'm not saying they are dangerous for normal riding or I would change them. This is just my opinion.

However, if you are choosing them to save money, you may want to research rider opinion on their handling characteristics further before you purchase. IMHO.

bard

Secret Soi Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I always buy matching tires, and I change them at the same time regardless. There are always plenty of wear on both front and rear anyway. And I like to have a excellent set of tires on as this is the most important thing to keep your bike planted to the tarmac.

Cheers Bard