Do you actually stop at stop signs?

Well....do you really stop at stop signs

• Yes...full stop, foot down all the time!

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The speedo reads 0 but still rolling on through

Votes: 77 67.0%
  • Slow down, downshift to 2nd or 3rd

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Stop signs..what are they?...do they apply to me??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
H

HavBlue

dude's got crazy skills!!!!

Ever see Julien Dupont? I love this guy..... I don't think he worries to much about stopping.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCy9nrchqFI&feature=related"]YouTube - urban and freestyle trial in Lyon[/ame]

Trncaba

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok depending on where I am and traffic I either slow down and look or stop. I am guilty of the CA stops thing. Comes from growing up in Backwoods Idaho in a town with no Stop light :)

Trina

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, I roll up to the stop sign, completely stop forward movement. maintain my balance as I do a final headcheck and then go.. So I do stop but it's not a "law stop". I do this on all corners, but my dad has a tendency to slow down and then gun it on the bike. Im still trying to change his riding style...

mustnt grumble

Reaction score
Visit site
In the UK we have two types of junction, 'Give Way' & 'Stop'.

At a give way traffic on the crossing carriage way has priority. But as long as the way is clear you are not obliged to come to a stop.

A stop sign is a mandatory instruction. In a car that means the wheels have to cease rotation.

Whether you are required to put a foot down on a bike is unclear, I assume it depends on your balance. I couldn't come to a full stop & not put a foot down without falling off :Sport:

It's worth pointing out as well that the majority of junctions with "Stop" signs are where the visibility is poor when coming out onto the major road.

I don't really understand why you would instruct people to stop when there is clearly nothing to stop for.

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I come to a full stop every time. With the cost of insurance in CA (not to mention the fines) I can't afford to risk getting a ticket on my record. As it is, I'm 52 with 0 points on my record and have been licensed since 1976 and my insurance through Progressive was just over $500 a year. I was pretty shocked at this since the wifes VT750 Shadow was just over $200 a year.

I think insurance rates in this state are out of control.

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
I stop always. Not that I really want to. Can't afford not to. Insurance scares you with rates. Right now I am paying 1011.00. me and my son are on same policy. If it would be only him it would be about 3500-4000 bucks!

On other note, if you ever take ride in Europe you will see that ridiculous 4 way stops don't exists there at all. Overall there is less stops.

Zack

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I live close to Philadelphia and when I go to the city stop signes seem to turn into yield signs...lol they call it the Philly Slide. :D