Do I need to reajust?

brady_cakes01

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got my FZ6 about 3 months ago. From what I can tell the rear spring is set to factory settings. I am 5'10" and only weigh about 125 lbs. Do you think i should set the spring to a lower or higher setting. I also keep the tires at factory recommended pressure.

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got my FZ6 about 3 months ago. From what I can tell the rear spring is set to factory settings. I am 5'10" and only weigh about 125 lbs. Do you think i should set the spring to a lower or higher setting. I also keep the tires at factory recommended pressure.

Is that 125 lbs with or without gear?

Try dropping down to a lower level and take it for a ride. See if you like it. Drop another level and then test it out. It all depends on what you personally like as much as it depends on the load on the bike.

I left mine at factory settings which is 3, I weigh 185 lbs with gear.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You almost certainly would get a more compliant ride with lower setting.
I weigh 160 without gear and with shock set to 3, rear tire would bounce over rough patches. Bouncing = loss of traction. I had a friend ride behind me and he's the one who pointed this out to me.
I moved the preload to 2 and that seems to be perfect.
I would say yours should be set to 2 at very most. 1 might work even better.

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
I set my preload to 5 and keep my tires at factory as well. I am around 190lbs with gear. I am thinking of upping the pressure about 2 psi per tire and see how that feels I am still trying to find my "perfect" setup. Although something tells me I will be constantly tweaking and trying to find that "perfect" setup till the end of time

brady_cakes01

Reaction score
Visit site
You almost certainly would get a more compliant ride with lower setting.
I weigh 160 without gear and with shock set to 3, rear tire would bounce over rough patches. Bouncing = loss of traction. I had a friend ride behind me and he's the one who pointed this out to me.
I moved the preload to 2 and that seems to be perfect.
I would say yours should be set to 2 at very most. 1 might work even better.

Thanks for the advice, I will have to try that next time I ride.